Russia Digital TV News
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Global pay TV subscriptions up, revenues down
Sep 11, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 60 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 to take the global total to 1.08 billion. China will provide 19 million and India 26 million. The US will lose 14.4 million pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Over 750,000 subscribers for MTS Satellite TV in Russia
Aug 1, 2019 – Russian telecommunications operator MTS (NYSE: MBT, MOEX: MTSS), has announced that the subscriber base of its MTS Satellite TV service has increased by one and a half times compared with the first half of 2018 to reach 752,000.
News categories: MTS, Alexei Ivanov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV subscriber growth slows in Russia in 2Q 2019
Jul 29, 2019 – According to TelecomDaily the number of pay TV subscribers added in Russia in Q2 2019 was 80,000, down from 150,000 in the first quarter of the year. At the end of the quarter there were 43.605 million subscriptions in the country.
News categories: TelecomDaily, Digital TV, Russia, Subscribers
Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
Jul 17, 2019 – Cifra and Flussonic have launched a project involving the installation of DRM and IPTV middleware on client devices using the Flussonic Media Server broadcasting platform. The integrated solution will make it possible to offer commercial OTT or IPTV streaming.
News categories: Flussonic, Cifra, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Russia
Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
Jun 13, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 81 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 - up by 8%. This will take the global total to 1.10 billion. Based on forecasts for 138 countries, the number of pay TV subs passed 1 billion in 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
May 15, 2019 – Rostelecom (MOEX: RTKM, RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY) has announced results for the first quarter of 2019. The number of pay-TV subscribers grew by 3% to 10.2 million households compared to the corresponding period of last year.
News categories: Rostelecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV