Russia Digital TV News
Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
Oct 29, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Russia’s SVOD market is undergoing a rapid transformation. SVoD doubled in size last year to achieve RUB 6.6 billion (US $83.5 million), exceeding the digital transactional market for the first time.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tara Patel, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Russia
ZEASN custom launcher and apps for BQ Smart TVs in Russia
Sep 7, 2020 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Russian electronics brand, BQ. As part of the agreement, upcoming BQ smart TVs (under BQ and Blackton brands) will be equipped with ZEASN’s app portfolio.
News categories: ZEASN, BQ, Winson Chen, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX
Bitmovin and Teleport Media upgrade streaming capabilities of Okko
Aug 27, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with Teleport Media to provide technology to Okko, one of the largest VOD services in Russia. Bitmovin and Teleport Media expertise and tools will allow Okko to upgrade its streaming services.
News categories: Bitmovin, Teleport Media, Okko, Chris Milne, Andrei Klimenko, Yana Bardintseva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
Aug 3, 2020 – Two satellites, Express-80 and Express-103, ordered by the Russian Satellite Communications Company, have been launched from Baikonur cosmodrome. Full-scale functioning is scheduled to commence in January and February 2021.
News categories: RSCC, Yuri Prokhorov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
ZEASN unveils movie database and recommendation engine
Jun 12, 2020 – ZEASN has unveiled WhaleTime, a global movie database and recommendation engine. Users can browse content and WhaleTime will automatically show a menu to allow jumping to the corresponding streaming media platform.
News categories: ZEASN, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ivi selects Irdeto watermarking to protect OTT content
Jan 29, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that its TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has been chosen by ivi in a bid to fight online piracy. The partnership highlights Irdeto’s continued expansion into the Russian market, supporting local operators and content providers.
News categories: Irdeto, ivi, Shane McCarthy, Evgeni Rossinski, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Watermarking
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Global pay TV subscriptions up, revenues down
Sep 11, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 60 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 to take the global total to 1.08 billion. China will provide 19 million and India 26 million. The US will lose 14.4 million pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5