Content Distribution (service delivery platform, cloud video, media processing, CDN, satellite, transmitter, headend, …) News
ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
Sep 24, 2020 – ENENSYS has announced an ATSC 3.0 head-end solution that allows delivery of NextGen TV over hybrid networks. The solution supports switching between OTA to OTT, at receiver level, according to service availability.
News categories: ENENSYS, Gilles TOQUET, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
Sep 23, 2020 – Clearcable is expanding its Video Services business with the addition of the Minerva Networks IPTV platform. Clearcable powers operators in Canada with their data center and content distribution network offerings.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Clearcable, Randy Osborne, Paul Osmond, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
Sep 22, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that SimulTV has selected its Edge Compute services to help deliver more than 130 live, online channels worldwide. SimulTV's entire workflow now operates inside the Limelight platform.
News categories: Limelight, SimulTV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
Sep 22, 2020 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will be providing content licensing and digital supply chain solutions to support Liberty Global's video and TV platforms and Virgin Media's on-demand services.
News categories: Vubiquity, Liberty Global, Darcy Antonellis, Chris Van Der Linden, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, UK
TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
Sep 21, 2020 – Anevia and Viaccess-Orca have announced the launch of an OTT TV platform in Bogotá with TV Red Digital. TV Red Digital will operate the platform as a white-label OTT TV resource available to Colombian ISPs.
News categories: Anevia, Viaccess-Orca, Grégory Samson, Carlos Ramos, Days Velazco, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
Sep 21, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that Azam TV has completed the migration of its video platform from EUTELSAT 7B to EUTELSAT 7C, with a multi-year extension of the existing contract and an incremental capacity commitment.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam, Patrice Paquot, Jacob Joseph, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Comark releases all-in-one transmitter for Non-Repack and NextGen TV
Sep 18, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has released its PARALLAX All-In-One (AIO) DTV transmitter for non-repack and NextGen TV requirements. PARALLAX AIO is a compact transmitter intended for medium power DTV markets.
News categories: Comark, Tom Barbeau, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
Sep 17, 2020 – ATEME has announced that GTPL KCBPL has chosen to implement ATEME’s TITAN Live solution for its cable TV and OTT platform. ATEME’s TITAN Live is being used to encode and transcode channel video headends.
News categories: ATEME, GTPL KCBPL, Michel Artieres, Bijoy Agarwal, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Serverless computing added to Limelight Edge Platform
Sep 8, 2020 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has expanded its edge capabilities by launching EdgeFunctions, a serverless compute service which allows developers to tap into the power of the company’s global network and gives them the flexibility to deploy and run their own code.
News categories: Limelight, NAGRA, Bob Lento, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Dave McCarthy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet