New Zealand Digital TV News
Bitmovin and Accedo power TV New Zealand sports streaming
Sep 11, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Accedo to help Television New Zealand (TVNZ) bring sports content to viewers across New Zealand, using state-of-the-art video streaming technology.
News categories: Accedo, Bitmovin, TVNZ, Michael Lantz, Stefan Lederer, Kym Niblock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, UX
TVNZ partners with Qvest for OTT streaming implementation
Aug 29, 2023 – TVNZ has launched an OTT streaming platform for live sports broadcasting with Qvest. As the systems integrator, Qvest orchestrated the project with selected technology partners.
News categories: Qvest, TVNZ, Thomas Grandoch, Kym Niblock, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
Sky New Zealand launches Sky Box created with Wyplay
Apr 13, 2023 – Sky NZ has launched a new Sky Box developed with Wyplay. Its features include 4K video support, a personalized user experience, streaming app integration, multi-recording, voice remote, and more.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky New Zealand, Jacques Bourgninaud, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Samsung announces Tizen OS Smart TV licensing partnerships
Oct 10, 2022 – Samsung has announced partnerships with ODM companies such as Atmaca, HKC and Tempo to enable non-Samsung TVs to use Tizen OS. TVs from Bauhn, Linsar, Sunny, Vispera and other brands will be available this year.
News categories: Samsung, Yongjae Kim, Australia, Digital TV, Italy, New Zealand, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, TV OS, UK
Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky New Zealand has revealed its Sky Pod, an IP-only replacement option for the soon-to-close VodafoneTV service. It also announced additional details of its new hybrid Sky Box.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, IPTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box
Disney+ powers growth in New Zealand’s subscription TV viewership
Aug 29, 2022 – Data from Roy Morgan shows that total viewership of Subscription TV in New Zealand has increased 3.4% from a year earlier to 2,954,000, an increase of 99,000. Disney+ is the stand-out performer over the last year.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Amagi to provide content aggregation and playout for Spark Sport 1
Mar 5, 2022 – Amagi as partnered with Spark Sport, a New Zealand-based sports streaming service, to provide content aggregation and playout services for their OTT linear channel, Spark Sport 1. Spark Sport offers live and on-demand sports content.
News categories: Amagi, Spark Sport, Srinivasan KA, Matt Orange, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
Freeview NZ to sunset On Demand service by late 2022
Dec 14, 2021 – Freeview NZ is to end Freeview On Demand by late 2022. The service is offered as an addition to Live TV on Smart TVs and STBs. The content will still be available on-demand, just accessed on broadcasters’ own apps or websites.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
Dec 8, 2021 – rlaxx TV continues its global expansion with the launch of an app for iOS and iPadOS devices. The achievement is part of the goal to be available on almost every internet- and video-enabled device by the end of the year.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Australia, Brazil, Digital TV, Europe, New Zealand, Smartphone, Tablet, Turkey
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification