New Zealand Digital TV News
Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
Nov 27, 2020 – Pay TV revenue in New Zealand is expected to decline at a CAGR of 3.1% between 2020 and 2025 due to loss in cable and DTH subscriptions, declining ARPU, and subscriber preference for OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Fetch TV to integrate Metrological app store
Sep 1, 2020 – Fetch TV and Metrological have announced that the Metrological Application Platform will be integrated into the Fetch service. Fetch will also use the Metrological Lightning Framework to enhance the performance of its UI.
News categories: Metrological, Fetch TV, Jeroen Ghijsen, Scott Lorson, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
Apr 6, 2020 – Even before the enforced lockdown in New Zealand, data from Roy Morgan shows Netflix, Lightbox and Amazon Prime Video experienced double digit growth in viewership and new entrant Apple TV captured a large audience over the past twelve months.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, OTT, Subscribers
Sky New Zealand completes purchase of Lightbox
Feb 3, 2020 – Sky has confirmed that it has completed the purchase of entertainment streaming service Lightbox from Spark. The deal enables Sky to merge Lightbox with its own Neon service, creating a super-charged service for New Zealand customers.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Sophie Moloney, Digital TV, MandA, New Zealand, OTT
True Royalty TV scales D2C service with Vimeo OTT technology
Oct 29, 2019 – True Royalty TV has announced that it is using Vimeo’s OTT technology to accelerate its direct-to-consumer business. Vimeo now powers True Royalty TV in all markets, including the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Vimeo, True Royalty TV, Kathleen Barrett, Gregor Angus, Apps, Australia, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, New Zealand, OTT, UK, USA
New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
Oct 13, 2019 – New Zealand Rugby (NZR) and Sky have announced a broadcast agreement which extends Sky’s existing SANZAAR broadcast rights to 2025. The agreement includes NZR becoming a 5% shareholder in Sky.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, New Zealand Rugby, Martin Stewart, Steve Tew, MandA, New Zealand, Satellite
Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
Sep 18, 2019 – Facebook is expanding its Portal family of home video-calling devices with three new models: Portal, Portal Mini and Portal TV. Portal TV brings smart video-calling to the largest screen in the home.
News categories: Facebook, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Italy, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, Tablet, UK, USA
New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
Aug 19, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment has confirmed that Disney+ will launch in Canada and the Netherlands, in tandem with the U.S., on November 12 and in Australia and New Zealand on November 19.
News categories: Disney+, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, USA
Vodafone NZ new TV box goes on sale in September
Aug 6, 2019 – Vodafone has announced that its Vodafone TV device wll go on sale in New Zealand in September. The box includes the ability to record content, and rewind free-to-air and Sky channels, plus a range of popular apps are pre-loaded.
News categories: Vodafone, Carolyn Luey, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.