TV Services (Pay TV, OTT, Broadcasting) News
inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
Jun 6, 2022 – The Inext set-top-box provides Kyivstar TV’s consumers with an easy and affordable way to watch any entertainment content on their TV. Inext TV-X is based on customized Android 10 (AOSP) operating system (OS).
News categories: inext, Kyivstar, Maksym Schygol, Pavel Rybak, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Ukraine
iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
Jul 4, 2022 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has implemented Unified ID 2.0 on its international service. The new identifier works in most omnichannel environments, including OTT and CTV.
News categories: The Trade Desk, iQIYI, Doug Choy, Frankie Fu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
Jul 4, 2022 – According to Anacom, in the first quarter of 2022, 94.0% of households in Portugal were pay-TV subscribers, up 0.4 percentage points from the same quarter of the previous year. The total number of subscribers was 4.4 million.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
Jul 1, 2022 – CryptoGuard has announced that ASTA-NET has selected CryptoGuard multi-DRM solution to secure video content for its MeeVu IPTV platform. ASTA-NET is a broadband, TV and telephony service provider in the Greater Poland region.
News categories: CryptoGuard, ASTA-NET, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Jakub Kucharzewski, Zbigniew Ryczek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
Jul 1, 2022 – Redge Technologies has extended its contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery for the licensing of the Redge Media SDP platform and the provision of Redge Media VDP services. Player.pl has been operating on the Redge Media platform since 2017.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Przemysław Frasunek, Maciej Gozdowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
Jun 30, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX+ will debut on July 21, in the U.S., Mexico, and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX+ is the premium tier of ViX, a streaming service created specifically for the Spanish-speaking world.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Streaming, USA
Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
Jul 1, 2022 – Eurofins Digital Testing (EDT) has announced the release of the NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite v2022-1.0 – the first major release for the new model year, applicable to ATSC 3.0 compliant receivers from July 1st 2022.
News categories: Eurofins, CTA, NAB, Bob Campbell, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
Jun 30, 2022 – Comcast has launched its Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, giving Xfinity TV customers another option to access their subscription. Xfinity’s redesigned Stream app features a new, more intuitive user interface.
News categories: Comcast, Michael DelCiello, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
Jun 30, 2022 – NetRange has announced that it has been selected by Tencent Video to power the international expansion of its WeTV service by reaching new Smart TV and connected device users through the NetRange Smart TV App Store.
News categories: ACCESS CO, NetRange, WeTV, Michi Uemetsu, Apps, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience