TV Services (pay TV, OTT) News
VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
Apr 15, 2021 – VTR has selected Media Distillery to improve its video user experience. With Media Distillery's AI technology, subscribers are now able to watch programmes with precisely correct start times when using Replay.
News categories: Media Distillery, Liberty Latin America, VTR, Roland Sars, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, DVR, UX
Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
Apr 15, 2021 – ATEME technology will enable contribution over IP via fiber between Nilesat and Egyptian Media Production City (EMPC), and the expansion of Nilesat's video processing infrastructure for ENMA Egyptian channels.
News categories: ATEME, Nilesat, Mohamed Razik Zaghlouli, Hamdy Mounir, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Satellite
Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
Apr 15, 2021 – The Facebook Watch TV app is now available for Vewd-enabled smart TVs and STBs. With the app, users can discover and watch videos based on their interests and social connections on Facebook.
News categories: Vewd, Facebook, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
Apr 15, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, Western Europe will have 234 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 137 million at end-2020. Despite losing market share, Netflix will remain the largest SVOD platform.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
Apr 14, 2021 – Tele Columbus (ISIN: DE000TCAG172, WKN: TCAG17) has announced that with antitrust clearance now granted, the takeover offer by Kublai GmbH, backed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, can be completed.
News categories: Tele Columbus, Morgan Stanley, Dr. Daniel Ritz, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, MandA
SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
Apr 14, 2021 – SITI Networks has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) cardless content security for its forthcoming Android TV STB launch. Th deployment represents NAGRA's first Android TV project in India based on Google MediaCAS.
News categories: NAGRA, SITI Networks, Stephane Le Dreau, Suresh Sethiya, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
Apr 14, 2021 – FreeWheel is rolling out technology that offers multiplatform, addressable audience targeting across all screens, including linear TV. Comcast and Charter are the first inventory owners to offer the technology to buyers.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, David Kline, James Rooke, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
Apr 14, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced the launch of the Crackle app on Comcast's Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. For access, Xfinity customers can simply say 'Crackle' into the Xfinity Voice Remote.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Comcast, Philippe Guelton, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
Apr 14, 2021 – Research from Tremor Video and Unruly, carried out with MTM Global, shows that nearly three-quarters (72%) of US digital advertising professionals believe that CTV reaches target audiences more effectively than linear TV.
News categories: Tremor Video, MTM Global, Justin Chadwick, Shana Kohen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020