TV Services (Pay TV, OTT, Broadcasting) News
Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
Mar 22, 2023 – Bitmovin and MainStreaming have partnered to integrate Bitmovin’s Live and VOD Encoder, Player, and Analytics solutions with MainStreaming's CMS and global media delivery network.
News categories: Bitmovin, MainStreaming, Dave Rushton, Antonio G. Corrado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
Mar 23, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe will decline by 8 million from 81 million in the peak year of 2018 to 73 million in 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
Mar 21, 2023 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has selected Whip Media to help manage ad revenue reporting for WatchFree+, its FAST service. VIZIO will use Whip Media's platform to calculate ad revenue royalties for its content partners.
News categories: Whip Media, VIZIO, Vince Muscarella, Adam Townsend, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
Mar 21, 2023 – Ateme has launched its Audience-Aware Streaming solution. Instead of creating the same set of numerous streaming profiles for every type of content, the solution dynamically optimizes the profiles to viewing requirements.
News categories: Ateme, Dan Patton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
Mar 21, 2023 – SAPEC will lead the creation of the encoder that will allow the RTVE-UPM Cátedra to broadcast live 8K content over DVB-T2 in Spain - the first broadcast of its kind in the world.
News categories: SAPEC, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Worldwide
Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
Mar 21, 2023 – Big Media has teamed up with VlogBox, a video content distribution platform, to create 'The New Frontier', a CTV channel featuring the scientific documentary series of the same name.
News categories: VlogBox, Big Media, Nick Platonenko, Max Montoya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
Mar 21, 2023 – Bedrock has extended the availability of ad-free streaming service, 6play max, to Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and LG TVs, enabling 6play to now reach its users on almost all the OTT installed base in France.
News categories: Bedrock, 6play, Apps, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
Mar 20, 2023 – Netgem has confirmed that the sale of its La Fibre Videofutur business to Nordnet will take effect on 1st April 2023. The transfer of the subscribers will be carried out without impact on the TV service operated by Netgem.
News categories: Netgem, Nordnet, Mathias HAUTEFORT, Jean-François BRAEMS, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, MandA
Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
Mar 20, 2023 – Integral Ad Science (Nasdaq: IAS) has launched Viewability and Invalid Traffic verification for Netflix’s (Nasdaq:NFLX) ad-supported plan, following the partnership announcement in 2022.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, Netflix, Lisa Utzschneider, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania