TV Services (Pay TV, OTT, Broadcasting) News
Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
Sep 21, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its solution was used in the first U.S. transmission of a 5G signal over a licensed broadcast facility, in a proof of concept of 5G Broadcast to the FCC.
News categories: Ateme, Qualcomm, XGen Network, Mickaël Raulet, Lorenzo Casaccia, Frank Copsidas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
Sep 16, 2023 – TSTT has selected Zappware's NEXX 5 product suite to replace its legacy client. NEXX 5 features a UX multi-screen client framework and scalable back-office tools.
News categories: Zappware, TSTT, Ives Decraene, Lisa Agard, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
Sep 21, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, AVOD revenues will reach $69 billion in 2029, up from $39 billion in 2023. The US will contribute 31% to the 2029 AVOD total, down from 40% in 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
Sep 16, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) unveiled its next-generation Cloud Premium Video Platform (PVP) at IBC. Türk Telekom is using the solution to provide advanced experiences for its viewers.
News categories: ZTE, Türk Telekom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Turkey
76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
Sep 18, 2023 – According to Mediavision, as many as 75% of the Nordic households now have a TV set connected to the internet, with 70% of households having a paid streaming service.
News categories: Mediavision, Fredrik Liljeqvist, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
Sep 11, 2023 – TVMonaco has chosen the OKAST streaming platform to provide a multiscreen OTT experience, as well as multiple channels for monetization and activation, content management, and rights management.
News categories: OKAST, TVMonaco, Cédric Monnier, Nathalie Biancolli, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Monaco, Streaming
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
Sep 18, 2023 – Britain's broadcasters are developing a free TV service that will deliver live TV over broadband. Set for launch in 2024, the Freely service will be built-in to the next generation of smart TVs.
News categories: Everyone TV, Jonathan Thompson, Tim Davie, Dame Carolyn McCall, Alex Mahon, Maria Kyriacou, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC