TV Services (pay TV, OTT) News
Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
Jul 27, 2021 – Magnite has begun a collaboration with NetMovies that allows Magnite to manage the placement of ads within the entire catalog of ad-supported independent films, series and videos offered by NetMovies.
News categories: Magnite, NetMovies, Rafael Pallarés, Marcelo Spinasse Nunes, Advertising, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT
Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
Jul 27, 2021 – Acxiom has announced a partnership with Totalplay in Mexico. The partnership combines Totalplay’s addressable demand-side platform (DSP) with Acxiom’s ethically sourced, privacy-compliant audience data segments.
News categories: Acxiom, Totalplay, Ben Peck, Hector Pita, Esteban Renaud, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico
Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
Jul 27, 2021 – Undertone has launched its High Impact CTV Suite. The suite enables ads to be integrated alongside content, rather than running them during ad breaks, and allows viewers to interact with ads using their remote control.
News categories: Undertone, Dan Aks, Olivia Sutherland, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
Jul 27, 2021 – The DVB Project has approved commercial requirements for DVB-I service support over 5G networks and systems. Work has already commenced in DVB's Technical Module to provide extensions to the relevant existing specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
Jul 26, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for 2Q 2021. Global HBO Max and HBO subscribers grew by 3.6 million. Total U.S. premium TV connections were down 473,000 in the quarter. Vrio in Latin America lost 239,000 subscribers.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
Jul 26, 2021 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported second-quarter results. Consumer reported 92,000 Fios Internet net additions and 62,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
Jul 26, 2021 – Astro has launched its Ultra Plug & Play Box, offering customers international and local content without a satellite dish simply by connecting the box to the TV and internet. The box includes features such as Cloud Recording and Play from Start.
News categories: Astro, Azlin Arshad, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
Jul 23, 2021 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that the company has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for video filtering, benchmarks, and connected TV (CTV) fully on-screen and completion metrics.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 23, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership