TV Services (pay TV, OTT) News
NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
May 6, 2021 – Six local TV stations in Grand Rapids, including WOTV (ABC), WWMT (CBS), WOOD-TV (NBC), WXMI (FOX), WXSP-CD and WOLP-CD (MyNet), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
May 6, 2021 – Polestar has developed a video streaming app for the Polestar 2. The beta app, available now in European markets, brings streaming content from various providers directly to the 11-inch centre display in the car.
News categories: Polestar, Thomas Ingenlath, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, OTT
3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
May 6, 2021 – TCC has gone live with a hybrid TV platform based on the Android TV OS Operator Tier. The service is enabled by SDMC's DV8545-C STB and powered by the 3READY Product Framework, 3SS’ front end and UI solution.
News categories: 3SS, SDMC, TCC, ZetaTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Laurence Yan, Javier Ruete, Android TV, Argentina, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Uruguay, UX
du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
May 6, 2021 – ATEME has announced that for its OTT platform, du has chosen to use ATEME’s encoder and file transcoder. For du's DTH service ATEME has delivered a headend based on ATEME’s IRD, encoder and statmux.
News categories: ATEME, 'du', Razik Zaghlouli, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, UAE
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
May 4, 2021 – According to IAB's 'Video Ad Spend 2020 and Outlook for 2021' report, digital video advertising growth continues. Connected TV (CTV) continues to outpace other formats and shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: IAB, Eric John, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
May 4, 2021 – VBox Communications has announced its ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway, adding ATSC 3.0 capability to its TV Gateway product line. The Android TV box, supports both streaming services and 4K live TV channels.
News categories: VBox Communications, Jonathan Rind, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
May 4, 2021 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Studio Mojo has selected Brightcove to power Koode. Koode helps the Malayali community around the world discover content from their homeland without geographical restrictions.
News categories: Brightcove, Studio Mojo, Subhashish Gupta, Radhakrishnan Ramachandran, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
May 3, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is working with LiveRamp to enhance its addressable advertising capability. LiveRamp's products include privacy-safe subscriber file matching, viewership, and measurement with Data+Math.
News categories: fuboTV, LiveRamp, Diana Horowitz, Pamela Duckworth, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021