TV Services (pay TV, OTT) News
Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
Jan 14, 2021 – Firstlight Media and NPAW have partnered to enable video providers to optimize their CDN usage. With NPAW, Firstlight Media adds increased insight into available CDN options, as well as real-time switching between them.
News categories: Firstlight Media, NPAW, Paul Pastor, Mortiz Loew, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
Jan 14, 2021 – ViacomCBS and DISH Media have announced an industry breakthrough by delivering the first-ever addressable impressions within a live national broadcast via MVPD set-top box.
News categories: ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio, Mike Dean, Tim Myers, Harish Narasimhan, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
Jan 14, 2021 – DoubleVerify has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for display and video rendered ad impression measurement and invalid traffic filtration in the Connected TV (CTV) media environment.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Olga O’Donnell, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
Jan 13, 2021 – TDS Telecom has unveiled TDS TV+, a TV product that offers live TV, On Demand and streaming services like Netflix. TDS TV+ allows customers to search, schedule, record and watch their favorite programs in one place.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Shane West, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
Jan 13, 2021 – LG Electronics has announced its 2021 NEXTGEN TV lineup. Unveiled at Digital CES 2021, the new 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs represent the powerful combination of LG OLED and NEXTGEN TV technologies.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Jong Kim, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
Jan 13, 2021 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2020. Paying subscribers at the end of the year stood at 7.35 million. Seeded STBs stood at 10.61 million.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Anirudhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box
Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
Jan 13, 2021 – Amazon has introduced Prime Video Mobile Edition - a mobile-only plan at an amazing introductory price of ₹89 ($1.2). Prime Video is collaborating with Bharti Airtel for the first roll-out.
News categories: Airtel, Amazon, Shashwat Sharma, Sameer Batra, Jay Marine, Gaurav Gandhi, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT
VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
Jan 13, 2021 – VUALTO has announced that ITV has chosen to implement VUALTO's dynamic event orchestration technology, integrated with VUALTO's scalable DRM solution, to deliver live streamed events via its ITV Hub VOD service.
News categories: VUALTO, ITV, Camilla Young, Vinay Kumar Gupta, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
Jan 12, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has launched a Theatrical Video On-Demand (TVOD) measurement service as a way to capture viewing to movie releases that are directly available on demand through streaming/MVPD platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Scott N. Brown, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform