TV-over-IP IPTV, Streaming, Broadband
FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
Nov 30, 2023 – FreeWheel and OrkaTV have partnered to provide advertisers working with FreeWheel with access to more than 3,500 FAST channels available through OrkaTV's streaming TV marketplace.
News categories: FreeWheel, OrkaTV, Emily Bromley, Mike Woods, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
Nov 29, 2023 – América Móvil [BMV: AMX] [NYSE: AMX] has announced that its subsidiary América Móvil B.V. has increased its shareholding in Telekom Austria AG to 58% of Telekom Austria's outstanding shares.
News categories: América Móvil, Telekom Austria, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, MandA
TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
Nov 28, 2023 – TheViewPoint (TVP) has announced an expanded partnership with FreeWheel, offering brands an opportunity to bypass exchanges when buying TV ad inventory, bridging the gap between supply and demand.
News categories: TheViewPoint, FreeWheel, Daniel Elad, Jon Mansell, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
Nov 29, 2023 – Velocix has announced that Proximus has optimised the delivery of its Pickx multiscreen video services with performance insights from Velocix Analytics.
News categories: Velocix, Proximus, Jim Brickmeier, Raphaël De Beys, Belgium, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
Nov 28, 2023 – Edgio has announced the availability of reports for its delivery clients to help them gain better insight into how their streaming services perform across multiple video players.
News categories: Edgio, Kyle Faber, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
Nov 28, 2023 – SVOD revenue in Japan is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% from $3.5 billion in 2022 to $6 billion in 2027, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
Nov 27, 2023 – The DASH-IF Conformance Tool has been updated. Along with DASH content conformance, the new tool has options to check CMAF and WAVE requirements, as well as HLS compliance.
News categories: DASH-IF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
Nov 27, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 321 million between 2023 and 2029 to reach 1.79 billion. The US will add 30 million, Brazil 23 million and India 27 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
Nov 24, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has released an updated version of the HbbTV Operator Application specification with improved support for IP-delivered linear channels.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue