TV-over-IP IPTV, Streaming, Broadband
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
Aug 12, 2022 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,925,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of 1,235,000 in 2Q 2021.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
Aug 10, 2022 – On December 8, 2022, Disney+ will introduce its ad-supported subscription offering in the US. With the launch, a new slate of subscription plans will be made available across Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and the Disney Bundle.
News categories: Disney, Kareem Daniel, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
Aug 9, 2022 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched its Gracenote ID Distribution System. The platform help program owners and creators manage their content, streamline distribution and ensure their brands are well represented and easily discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
Aug 9, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced a payment and subscription management solution, VIZIO Account, which provides a seamless way for VIZIO Smart TV users to subscribe to streaming services all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Mike O’Donnell, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
Aug 8, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery and DISH Network have announced that discovery+ will be available to both SLING TV and DISH TV customers. The platform launched 70,000+ episodes of premium content on SLING starting August 8 followed by DISH on August 25.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, SLING TV, DISH Network, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Gary Schanman, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
Aug 8, 2022 – FAST Channels TV has partnered with Digital TV Cyprus to deliver over 20 FAST linear channels to the country's first OTT platform, to enhance the platform's content experience and offering.
News categories: FAST Channels TV, Digital Tree, Digital TV Cyprus, Russell Foy, Phanos Demetriou, Cyprus, Digital TV, Streaming
Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
Aug 2, 2022 – While the global video streaming industry kept growing in the first half of 2022, each individual service continued losing playtime per user as competition between platforms increased. That's the main conclusion of NPAW's Video Streaming Industry Report H1 2022.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
Aug 4, 2022 – BARB has released data from its UK Establishment Survey for Q2 2022, showing a decline in the number of UK households with access to SVOD services. In Q2 2022, 19.19 million UK homes had access, a decrease of 382k from 19.57 million in Q1 2022.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
Aug 3, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Paramount+ will launch as a Premium Subscription within The Roku Channel later this month. Through a dedicated Live TV Guide consumers will be able to access Paramount+’s live content all in one place.
News categories: Roku, Paramount+, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes