India Digital TV News
QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
Mar 15, 2023 – SpringServe (NASDAQ: MGNI) has announced that it has been selected by QYOU Media India as primary ad server, enabling more efficient and accurate management of its advertising.
News categories: SpringServe, QYOU Media, Leon Siotis, Krishna Menon, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
New BIS standard for TV receivers requires built in satellite tuner
Jan 9, 2023 – The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has published a standard for TV receivers, enabling satellite TV reception without the need for a set-top box. Doordarshan is in the process of phasing out analog transmission, but will continue to broadcast on satellite.
News categories: Bureau of Indian Standards, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Smart TV
India to fund distribution of 800,000 free DD satellite STBs
Jan 4, 2023 – India's government has approved a proposal to provide infrastructure development support to Prasar Bharati. The Scheme includes free distribution of over 8 lakh DD Free Dish STBs to people living in remote, tribal, LWE and border areas.
News categories: Prasar Bharati, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
Dec 5, 2022 – Veira Group has begun production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs. With the rollout of the webOS Hub ecosystem, Veira aims to manufacture over 100,000 Smart TVs based on LG's OS for brands in India.
News categories: Veira Group, Sharan Maini, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, TV OS
Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
Dec 2, 2022 – India’s smart TV shipments grew 38% YoY in Q3 2022, according to Counterpoint. The growth was primarily driven by festive season supplies for meeting the strong pent-up demand, multiple new launches, discount events, and promotions.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Airtel Digital TV subscribers up 66,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 31, 2022 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Revenue of Digital TV remained stable with the customer base growing 66,000 to 15.771 million in the quarter.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania