India Digital TV News
Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
Sep 26, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it was behind the video and immersive audio experiences delivered in 17 languages by Viacom18 Media during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
News categories: Ateme, Viacom18 Media, Jibu Mathew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
Sep 25, 2023 – According to IDC, 4.5 million TVs were shipped to India in 1H23, up 8% YoY. Sales by e-tailers, new launches/model refreshes and clearing of old inventory fueled the growth.
News categories: IDC, Upasana Joshi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
NewSpace India partners with Tata Play to commission GSAT-24
Aug 7, 2023 – NewSpace India (NSIL) has collaborated with Tata Play on the launch of its GSAT-24 satellite. The increased bandwidth provided by GSAT-24 will enable Tata Play to carry 50% more DTH channels.
News categories: NewSpace India, Tata Play, Radhakrishnan Durairaj, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
MX Player integrates free channels from DistroTV
Jul 18, 2023 – DistroTV is expanding its distribution via an app-in-app integration with MX Player. Now MX Player users in India can stream DistroTV's content line-up of hundreds of free channels.
News categories: DistroScale, MX Player, Navdeep Saini, Vikas Khanchandani, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
India Entertainment & Media industry to grow at 9.48% CAGR to 2027
Jul 17, 2023 – India's Entertainment & Media industry is expected to reach INR 6,828,903Cr (US$82.745bn) by 2027 - an 8.6% CAGR. These figures come from PwC's Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2023-2027.
News categories: PwC, Manpreet Singh Ahuja, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, India, Market Research, Streaming
Silverpush acquires Vidgyor
Jul 11, 2023 – Silverpush has announced the acquisition of Vidgyor. Vidgyor's ad-insertion technology enables the replacement of broadcast ads with targeted video ads on streaming platforms.
News categories: Vidgyor, Silverpush, Mahaboob Khan, Hitesh Chawla, Advertising, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
TRAI releases Consultation Paper on OTT regulation
Jul 7, 2023 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released a Consultation Paper on regulation of OTT communication services. Comments are to be submitted by August 4, 2023.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Streaming
KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
Jun 7, 2023 – Amagi has announced that KC Global Media Asia (KCGM) has deployed Amagi's SaaS offerings to distribute its premium anime channel, Animax, across multiple OTT platforms in India.
News categories: Amagi, KC Global Media, Srinivasan KA, Avani Bhanchawat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
May 16, 2023 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Digital TV continued to consolidate its market position with a customer base of 15.9 million, down 37,000 in the quarter.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework