Mobile TV News
Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
Jul 16, 2019 – Research from Strategy Analytics shows that 45 million PCs and tablets globally will incorporate 5G connectivity by 2023, offering mobile operators a fresh opportunity to sell the advantages and new use cases of high-speed cellular connectivity.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Eric Smith, David Mercer, 5G, Market Research, Tablet, Worldwide
Comscore announces launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia
Jul 9, 2019 – Comscore has announced the launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia. The product provides a single, unduplicated measure of digital video consumption across smartphone, tablet and desktop devices.
News categories: Comscore, Kedar Gavane, Serm Teck Choon, Advertising, Big Data, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Potential U.S. broadband cord-cutters watch over six hours of mobile video per week
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, U.S. broadband households highly likely to cut the cord in the next 12 months watch more than six hours of video content on their mobile phone a week, compared to 2.5 hours among all U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Broadband, Market Research, Mobile, USA
5G smartphone shipments to overtake 4G in 2023
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Canalys, 5G-enabled handsets will reach nearly 800 million units in 2023, accounting for 51.4% of all smartphone shipments, passing 4G smartphones five years after commercial launch. The CAGR between 2019 and 2023 will be 179.9%.
News categories: Canalys, Nicole Peng, Mo Jia, 5G, Market Research, MWC19, Smartphone, Worldwide
Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
Jun 11, 2019 – Rapid early momentum and enthusiasm for 5G has led Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) to forecast an extra 400 million enhanced mobile broadband subscriptions globally by the end of 2024. The company now forecasts 1.9 billion 5G subscriptions – up from 1.5 billion forecast in November 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
5G will capture wireless service revenue but deliver no industry growth
Jun 10, 2019 – 5G networks will generate 26% of wireless service revenue in 2024, though that impressive share will not boost the overall performance of a stagnating global wireless market. This is the conclusion of the latest forecast report from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Phil Kendall, David Kerr, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Vodafone Spain to offer commercial 5G from June 15th
Jun 10, 2019 – Vodafone Spain has announced the launch of the country's first 5G commercial services on June 15th in 15 cities, becoming the first operator to provide 5G services to its clients in Spain and one of the pioneers in the European market.
News categories: Vodafone, 5G, Mobile, Spain
Three UK to launch 5G network in August
Jun 10, 2019 – Following trials with customers in London, Three UK has announced that it will launch 5G in August with a 5G home broadband service in London. Three will then launch both mobile and home broadband offerings in 25 towns and cities across the UK before the end of the year.
News categories: Three UK, Dave Dyson, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile, UK
Mobile time surpasses TV time in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2019 – This year, for the first time, US adults will spend more time using their mobile devices than they will spend watching TV, with smartphone use dominating mobile time, according to eMarketer.
News categories: eMarketer, Yoram Wurmser, Eric Haggstrom, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event