Mobile TV News
Ericsson releases November 2019 Mobility Report
Nov 25, 2019 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) expects average monthly data-traffic-per-smartphone to increase from the current figure of 7.2 GB to 24 GB by the end of 2025, in part driven by new consumer behavior, such as Virtual Reality (VR) streaming.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
Nov 5, 2019 – Enea (Stockholm: ENEA) has announced that Enea Openwave has successfully optimized Apple TV+ over mobile networks, using its traffic management technology. Algorithms were used to dynamically optimize Apple’s encrypted video content to deliver a higher quality viewing experience.
News categories: Enea, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
Samsung provides Tizen update at SDC19
Oct 29, 2019 – At SDC19, Samsung announced AI ScaleNet, a way to stream 8K videos on networks with lower bandwidth capabilities. Samsung also announced tools that make it easier for developers to bring new experiences to Smart TVs powered by Tizen.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Video to drive content consumption in India
Oct 1, 2019 – Zinnov has released a report that analyzes the changing content consumption patterns of Indian consumers, the rise of Indian content platform players, and the intersection of content and commerce as well as other evolving business models.
News categories: Zinnov, Praveen Bhadada, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Brightcove releases Q2 Global Video Index report
Sep 24, 2019 – The Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) report analyzes hundreds of millions of recent data points to provide insights into how viewers are watching video content, which devices they are using, and what types of content they are consuming across these various devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
ALTBalaji, Microsoft and Eko India pilot cloud network that saves cellular data
Sep 24, 2019 – ALTBalaji has announced an alliance with Microsoft and Eko India Financial Services that will allow its subscribers to use Microsoft’s BlendNet technology to download and access ALTBalaji content without consuming large amounts of cellular data.
News categories: Microsoft, ALTBalaji, Eko India, Dr. Sriram Rajamani, Meetul Patel, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Abhinav Sinha, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT
Negligible growth in India pay TV revenues to 2024
Sep 23, 2019 – Telecom and pay-TV services revenue in India is poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% during 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. Within that, pay TV revenues are forecast to grow at a CAGR of only 0.1%.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Broadband, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
Sep 18, 2019 – Facebook is expanding its Portal family of home video-calling devices with three new models: Portal, Portal Mini and Portal TV. Portal TV brings smart video-calling to the largest screen in the home.
News categories: Facebook, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Italy, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, Tablet, UK, USA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware