Mobile TV News
U.S. tech revenue to hit $487 billion in 2021
Jul 20, 2021 – According to the CTA, subscription video streaming services will see continued growth in demand in 2021. TV shipments will reach 45 million units, with NEXTGEN TV shipments up nearly sixfold to 2.1 million units.
News categories: CTA, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, USA, VR
MediaMath adds Airtel Ads to its demand-side platform
Jul 1, 2021 – Demand-side platform, MediaMath, has announced a collaboration with Airtel. Airtel recently launched Airtel Ads to enable brands to run campaigns to its over 340 million customers in India.
News categories: MediaMath, Airtel, Giovanni Tricarico, Vignesh Narayanan, Amardeep Singh, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite
Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
Jun 16, 2021 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that 5G mobile subscriptions will exceed 580 million by the end of 2021. The forecast enhances the expectation that 5G will become the fastest adopted mobile generation.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
5G mobile, smartphone accessory, and VR HMD shipments to grow rapidly in 2021
Jun 3, 2021 – According to ABI Research, most consumer devices and services, especially 5G smartphones, accessories, and VR Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs), will remain healthy in terms of shipments in 2021.
News categories: ABI Research, Eleftheria Kouri, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, VR, Worldwide
CUJO AI reveals North American connected device usage patterns
Jun 2, 2021 – CUJO AI has released its annual device intelligence report. The report explores connected device usage patterns and trends based on data from more than 1 billion devices in the Unites States and Canada.
News categories: CUJO AI, Kimmo Kasslin, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, VR
CMA gives regulatory approval for Virgin Media, O2 combination
May 20, 2021 – The UK’s Competition & Markets Authority (CMA) has announced its final approval of the 50:50 joint venture between Liberty Global and Telefonica to combine Virgin Media and O2. The transaction is now expected to close by June 1, 2021.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, Mike Fries, José Maria Alvarez-Pallete, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, UK
Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
May 7, 2021 – Sky Media has a launched a pilot for its Shoppable Ads proposition with Sky Mobile. Sky Mobile’s addressable TV ads will feature a unique QR code that drives TV viewers online to the brand’s website.
News categories: Sky Media, Sky, Dan Cohen, Pierre Coppin, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, UK
Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing
May 6, 2021 – Strategy Analytics-Teligen has introduced a benchmarking system that compares communication service offers across all permutations of services bundles in accordance with the recently approved OECD methodology.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Josie Sephton, Bernadette Finn, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
One billion devices able to deliver content to a screen in US homes
Apr 26, 2021 – According to NPD's 'Device Ownership Trends & Profile Report', by February 2021, U.S. households had over one billion devices installed, connected, and able to deliver digital content to a screen.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership