Media Player News
MPEG LA revises terms to encourage VVC adoption
Nov 7, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced measures to bring its pool license for VVC into conformity with market realities that will free implementers to invest in VVC adoption.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
Sep 22, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has released updates to its Secure Interactive Media Interface Definition 1.2 (SIMID 1.2) and Video Ad Serving Template 4.3 (VAST 4.3). The updates are open for public comment until October 22, 2022.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Shailley Singh, Aron Schatz, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, USA, Worldwide
Realtek first with a 4K STB SoC supporting VVC/H.266
Aug 29, 2022 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced the world's first 4K UHD set-top box SoC (RTD1319D) to support the latest video compression standard – Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266).
News categories: Realtek, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
NexPlayer integrates with Verimatrix Streamkeeper and Watermarking
Sep 9, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that NexPlayer has integrated its NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK with the Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM platform as well as its accompanying Verimatrix Watermarking tools.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexPlayer, Sebastian Braun, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
Wowza acquires video player specialist, Flowplayer
Sep 7, 2022 – Wowza has announced that it has acquired Flowplayer, a Sweden-based video player specialist. The acquisition was made in partnership with Clearhaven Partners, a US-based private equity firm that focuses on software and technology.
News categories: Wowza, Flowplayer, David Stubenvoll, Michelle Noon, Henrik Lovén, Dominik Schreiner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
THEOplayer integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM
Aug 25, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that THEO Technologies has completed the integration of its THEOplayer with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM, simplifying and speeding up delivery of secure video on any device.
News categories: Verimatrix, THEO Technologies, Sebastian Braun, Michel Roofthooft, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Intigral selects Bitmovin and Diagnal to deliver superior viewing experiences
Jun 13, 2022 – Bitmovin has announced that it has partnered with Diagnal to help Intigral deliver video streams to Jawwy TV and Dawri Plus subscribers in the MENA region. Intigral is using the Bitmovin Player integrated with Diagnal's front-end app development technology.
News categories: Bitmovin, Intigral, Diagnal, Stefan Lederer, William Sharp, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Middle-East, Streaming
Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
May 25, 2022 – Penthera has announced PlayAssure, software that builds a more extensive real-time buffer of video on streaming devices. This improves video quality and reduces or eliminates rebuffering due to unreliable networks.
News categories: Penthera, Brian Kline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media into the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV