Media Player News
Comcast Technology Solutions powers video experiences for NBC Olympics
Aug 3, 2021 – NBC Olympics and Peacock selected Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) to provide multi-screen video management and delivery for its production of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, NBC Sports, Bart Spriester, David Wilburn, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, USA
V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
Jul 26, 2021 – Video and image data compression company, V-Nova, has announced that thanks to Neva First, the alternative investment fund managed by Neva SGR, V-Nova has completed its series C round, raising a total of €33 million.
News categories: V-Nova, Intesa Sanpaolo, Guido Meardi, Mario Costantini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Venture Capital, Worldwide
PCCW Media selects Viaccess-Orca for Euro 2020 'Watch Party' playback
Jul 6, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the VO Secure Player is enabling PCCW Media to offer a 'Watch Party' feature for its Now TV customers during the ongoing UEFA EURO 2020 football tournament.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Dokyung Lee, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Media Player, UX
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Spin Digital releases VVC 8K decoder and media player
Jun 21, 2021 – Spin Digital has developed a real-time software video decoder compatible with VVC, integrated into a complete media player that supports the full 8K format including higher pixel counts, HDR, WCG and HFR.
News categories: Spin Digital, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
Jun 14, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced the latest addition to their Player SDK family, the Nintendo Switch SDK, becoming the first player to enable video streaming for the popular video game devices.
News categories: NexStreaming, Nintendo, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Verimatrix multi-DRM solution integrates NexPlayer SDK
Jun 2, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced a partnership with NexStreaming. Verimatrix has integrated the company's NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK into its Verimatrix Multi-DRM Core solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexStreaming, Asaf Ashkenazi, Carlos Lucas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
PallyCon Multi-DRM aligns with Radiant Media Player
Jun 2, 2021 – The Radiant Media Player HTML5 media player allows OTT platforms to play video content across devices, while PallyCon's Multi-DRM licensing and user management secures the content against piracy.
News categories: PallyCon, Radiant Media Player, Govindraj Basatwar, Arnaud Leyder, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope