Media Player News
NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
Jun 14, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced the latest addition to their Player SDK family, the Nintendo Switch SDK, becoming the first player to enable video streaming for the popular video game devices.
News categories: NexStreaming, Nintendo, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Verimatrix multi-DRM solution integrates NexPlayer SDK
Jun 2, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced a partnership with NexStreaming. Verimatrix has integrated the company's NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK into its Verimatrix Multi-DRM Core solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexStreaming, Asaf Ashkenazi, Carlos Lucas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
PallyCon Multi-DRM aligns with Radiant Media Player
Jun 2, 2021 – The Radiant Media Player HTML5 media player allows OTT platforms to play video content across devices, while PallyCon's Multi-DRM licensing and user management secures the content against piracy.
News categories: PallyCon, Radiant Media Player, Govindraj Basatwar, Arnaud Leyder, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
VisualOn supports AWS for Media & Entertainment Initiative
May 26, 2021 – VisualOn has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. Customers that use the VisualOn HTML5+ SaaS can maximize ad revenue and business return via an integration with AWS Elemental MediaTailor.
News categories: VisualOn, AWS, Yang Cai, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
JW Player acquires VUALTO
May 6, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it is acquiring VUALTO to complement its scalable video delivery offering with live streaming and DRM services for broadcasters. VUALTO will also expand JW Player’s customer base.
News categories: JW Player, VUALTO, Dave Otten, Camilla Young, DRM, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
Apr 20, 2021 – JW Player has announced that its HTML5 video player is the first to support the Open Measurement Interface Definition (OMID). JW Player has updated its player to include the Open Measurement for Web Video SDK.
News categories: JW Player, Michael Schwalb, Stefan Bergmeier, Nabil Moghib, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, HTML5, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
Apr 14, 2021 – Mola TV is using Viaccess-Orca's Secure Video Player to deliver English Premier League (EPL) matches in Indonesia. The player supports client-side ad insertion, maximizing monetization opportunities for Mola TV.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Mola TV, Dokyung Lee, Ching Ping Lee, Advertising, Digital TV, Indonesia, Media Player, OTT
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution