Media Player News
Viaccess-Orca powers CNT video streaming service in Ecuador
Sep 15, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that CNT will use VO's Cloud Platform, multi-DRM solution, Secure Video Player, and multiscreen apps for the delivery of its new CNTPlay OTT service in Ecuador.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, CNT, Philippe Léonetti, Diego Perez, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Ecuador, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming
Deltatre introduces integrated streaming platform
Sep 14, 2023 – Deltatre has launched D3 VOLT, a platform for streaming operators, offering reference apps as well as functionality spanning acquisition, packaging, encoding, security, distribution, content management and playback.
News categories: Deltatre, Andrea Marini, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
MwareTV partners with THEO Technologies to boost viewer QoE
Sep 11, 2023 – MwareTV has announced a collaboration with THEO Technologies to integrate THEOplayer into its TV platform, delivering top-tier video playback experiences across all platforms to its clients.
News categories: MwareTV, THEO Technologies, Sander Kerstens, Steven Tielemans, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases LCEVC video IPs and compliance streams
Aug 31, 2023 – Allegro DVT has launched a complete range of MPEG-5 LCEVC products comprising LCEVC compliance streams and LCEVC hardware decoder and encoder video IPs (D301 and E301).
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Bitmovin playback analytics complement Amazon IVS metrics
Jul 19, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced Bitmovin Analytics, offering playback health analytics to complement the existing analytics available with Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS).
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Services, Stefan Lederer, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino and THEO Technologies partner on ultra-low latency video streaming
Jun 14, 2023 – Amino has collaborated with THEO Technologies to deliver a sub-second latency live video streaming solution, combining Amino's 4K media player with the THEOlive real-time video API.
News categories: Amino, THEO Technologies, Jonny McKee, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
24i integrates with THEOplayer to enhance player support
Apr 12, 2023 – 24i and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer has been integrated with the 24i Mod Studio platform, bringing premium video playback features to a wide range of devices.
News categories: 24i, THEO Technologies, Dr. Neale Foster, Steven Tielemans, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Ateme converges traditional television and gaming
Apr 6, 2023 – Ateme has launched its Virtual Lounge. The solution embeds multiple OTT players enabling the same sporting event to be viewed from different angles, bringing the streams into a gaming environment.
News categories: Ateme, Mickaël Raulet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Bitmovin and Akamai to debut CMCD solution at NAB Show 2023
Apr 5, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Akamai on a solution using Common Media Client Data (CMCD) to help minimize the cost of errors that occur due to the siloes between video players and CDNs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Will Law, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data