UX (User Experience, User Interface, EPG) News
Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
Sep 26, 2023 – Mirada has signed a contract with MNC to develop the next stage of Vision+'s streaming service for Indonesia, based on Mirada's Iris OTT platform.
News categories: Mirada, Vision+, MNC, José-Luis Vázquez, Clarissa Tanoesoedibjo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming, UX
Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
Sep 21, 2023 – MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators' and forge strategic partnerships with historic competitors in order to defend their incumbent positions, according to Caretta Research.
News categories: Caretta Research, Quickplay, Ed Barton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, UX, Worldwide
Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
Sep 20, 2023 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a range of updates to its Fire TV family, introducing voice search with generative AI, upgrades to the Fire TV Ambient Experience, and more powerful Fire TV Sticks.
News categories: Amazon, Tapas Roy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
Sep 19, 2023 – Worldwide augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) headset shipments declined for the fourth quarter in a row as volumes fell 44.6% YoY during the second quarter of 2023, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
Sep 20, 2023 – Skyline has announced that du has chosen its DataMiner Platform for its new Al Qudra teleport as well as for monitoring of its new broadcast center providing DTH, IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Skyline, du, Ben Vandenberghe, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UAE
TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
Sep 16, 2023 – TSTT has selected Zappware's NEXX 5 product suite to replace its legacy client. NEXX 5 features a UX multi-screen client framework and scalable back-office tools.
News categories: Zappware, TSTT, Ives Decraene, Lisa Agard, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
Sep 17, 2023 – Accedo has partnered with Magnifi by VideoVerse to bring AI-powered sports highlights to its Accedo Launcher. Accedo Launcher is a customizable Android TV experience for set-top boxes.
News categories: Accedo, Magnifi, Bleuenn Le Goffic, Meghna Krishna, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – Rokid has showcased its Rokid Station Android TV device at IBC 2023. Developed with HiMedia, the Rokid Station works with AR glasses to enable portable cinematic experiences anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Rokid, Hui Du, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set