Sweden Digital TV News
3.4 million watching pirated video in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2022 – Piracy still poses a problem to the video industry in the Nordics. According to research from Mediavision, 17% of all people 15-74 years old in the Nordics have illegally streamed or downloaded films and TV episodes in the past month.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Telenor Sverige selects CommScope set -top powered by Android TV
Jun 2, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Telenor Sverige to provide its customers with the VIP5702W set top powered by Android TV. The VIP5702W delivers 4K video and comes with dual-band Wi-Fi for flexible deployment in Telenor's networks.
News categories: CommScope, Telenor, 24i, Phil Cardy, Hanna Idstam, Joachim Bergman, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
May 18, 2022 – Pluto TV has expanded to the Nordics, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. The service unveiled a programming line-up that features more than 70 unique and locally curated channels now live in each country.
News categories: Paramount, Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
May 17, 2022 – According to Mediavision, as of Q1 2022, 60% of Swedish households subscribed to at least one paid video streaming service. Following several years of strong growth, the number of subscribing households has remained essentially unchanged over the past 12 months.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
Telia releases January-March 2022 results
Apr 27, 2022 – Telia Company has releases its Interim Report for January-March 2022. Across the Group, TV subscriptions were 3.373 million at period end, down 4,000 in the quarter and up 127,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Telia Company, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
Telenor chooses DataMiner experience and performance management solution
Mar 10, 2022 – Skyline Communications has announced that Telenor has chosen its DataMiner platform as the experience and performance management solution for its renewed converged television and video streaming services platform.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Telenor, Dominique De Paepe, Tommy Hexeberg, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, QoE, Sweden
Allente launches Android TV service with KAON and 3SS
Feb 22, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente has launched its next-generation super-aggregated TV services for Scandinavia on an Android TV STB, supporting DTH satellite, IPTV and OTT.
News categories: 3SS, KAON Media, Allente, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
Jan 27, 2022 – Revenues from standalone SVOD subscriptions amounted to approximately 5 billion SEK for the full year of 2021 – a new record. This is concluded in Mediavision’s analysis of the Swedish streaming market for the fourth quarter and full year of 2021.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
Jan 11, 2022 – According to Mediavision, the launch of HBO Max has resulted in HBO Nordics gaining more than 635,000 new subscribing households. HBO has thereby reclaimed its position as the third biggest SVOD service in the Nordics.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Subscribers, Sweden
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience