Norway Digital TV News
Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
Mar 21, 2023 – Allente, with 3SS and SEI Robotics, has launched a 4K dongle, based on Google TV, with a UX built on 3SS' 3Ready framework. The Allente app is installed from Google Play during first time installation.
News categories: 3SS, SEI Robotics, Google TV, Allente, Amanda Short, Jon Espen Nergård, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden, UX
Telia to replace IPTV CAS with castLabs Widevine managed service
Feb 22, 2023 – castLabs has announced that long-standing customer Telia will replace the traditional conditional access system (CAS) on its IPTV network with castLabs' Widevine CAS managed service.
News categories: castLabs, Telia, Widevine, Stein Ivar Nilsen, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway
Three million sharing SVOD subscriptions in the Nordics
Jan 12, 2023 – According to Mediavision, three million SVOD subscriptions in the Nordics are currently borrowed from another household, i.e. giving access to a service without paying for it, with Netflix the most affected.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
Dec 8, 2022 – According to Mediavision, there are around 17 million SVOD subscriptions on the Nordic market. A little over four million of those subscriptions could be converted into cheaper subscriptions with advertising.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
1.7 million subscribing households for Disney+ in the Nordics
Sep 13, 2022 – On September 15th in 2020, Disney Plus entered the Nordic region. According to Mediavision, after only 24 months, the service has attracted more than 1.7 million subscribing households on the fiercely competitive Nordic market.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
SkyShowtime rollout to begin in the Nordics on September 20th
Sep 5, 2022 – SkyShowtime will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden on September 20th, before expanding into the Netherlands in Q4. The rollout will continue across Spain, Portugal, Andorra, and Central & Eastern Europe over the following months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Allente selects 3SS 3Ready Control Center and ContentWise
Sep 1, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and ContentWise have announced that Allente has become the first operator to deploy 3Ready Control Center 3.0, 3SS' next-generation UX management and content curation hub.
News categories: 3SS, Allente, ContentWise, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jon Espen Nergård, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2022, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
3.4 million watching pirated video in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2022 – Piracy still poses a problem to the video industry in the Nordics. According to research from Mediavision, 17% of all people 15-74 years old in the Nordics have illegally streamed or downloaded films and TV episodes in the past month.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines