Norway Digital TV News
HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
Jan 11, 2022 – According to Mediavision, the launch of HBO Max has resulted in HBO Nordics gaining more than 635,000 new subscribing households. HBO has thereby reclaimed its position as the third biggest SVOD service in the Nordics.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Subscribers, Sweden
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
Oct 26, 2021 – HBO Max has gone live in the Nordics and Spain beginning its 27-territory rollout in Europe. HBO Max brings together series and movies from Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals.
News categories: HBO Max, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
Oct 20, 2021 – 3SS has announced that Altibox has launched its next-generation TV entertainment service in Norway and Denmark. Altibox selected Technicolor STBs and the 3SS 3READY Product Framework to enable the offering.
News categories: 3SS, Technicolor, Altibox, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Telia Company releases January-September 2021 results
Oct 21, 2021 – Telia Company has releases its Interim Report for January-September 2021. Across the Group, TV subscriptions were 3.324 million at period end, up 13,000 in the quarter and 222,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Telia Company, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
Oct 15, 2021 – From October 26, Telia's TV customers in the Nordics will be able to enjoy HBO Max, with HBO Nordic accounts able to be replaced with HBO Max. Telia and HBO have worked together for nearly a decade.
News categories: Telia, HBO Max, Catrin von Walden, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
European launches for HBO Max on October 26th
Sep 8, 2021 – HBO Max will launch in Europe on October 26 with Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Spain and Andorra being the first six European countries where the all-new streaming experience will be made available.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Andorra, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
Allente integrates Google Common Broadcast Stack with KAON and 3SS
Aug 24, 2021 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have completed a hybrid set-top box integration for Allente. Allente is one of the first operators to integrate the Google Common Broadcast Stack in an Android TV Operator Tier box.
News categories: 3SS, KAON, Allente, Google, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Matthias Puschmann, Android TV, Broadcast, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden
Nordic digital media market shows strong growth in 1H 2021
Jul 5, 2021 – According to Mediavision, 75% of all Nordic households subscribe to at least one digital media service. Video holds the highest household penetration with more than 6.5 million digital subscriptions.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope