Iceland Digital TV News
Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
Nov 21, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that its broadpeak.io SaaS product, supporting automatic content replacement, is being used by several video service providers for video streaming during the 2022 world football competition in Qatar.
News categories: Broadpeak, Gtd, Síminn, Mathias Guille, Cristian Carcamo, David Gunnarsson, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland
Vodafone Iceland partners with XroadMedia on experience personalization
Sep 12, 2022 – Vodafone Iceland and XroadMedia have announced a hyper-personalization partnership. With XroadMedia, Vodafone Iceland is able to deliver unique watching experiences within their IPTV and OTT platform as well as via their website.
News categories: XroadMedia, Vodafone Iceland, Big Data, Digital TV, Iceland, Set Top Box, UX
AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
Jun 30, 2022 – Amino has announced that it has completed a project with Vodafone Iceland to upcycle its existing Samsung set-top boxes (STBs). Amino utilized its established upcycling methodology to migrate these boxes to AminoOS in the field.
News categories: Amino, Vodafone, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, Iceland, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vodafone Iceland connected to Red Bee Channel Store
Dec 21, 2021 – Red Bee Media is delivering channel aggregation services to Vodafone Iceland, with the telco accessing live signals for its subscription broadcast packages through Red Bee's Channels Store aggregation and distribution platform.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Vodafone Iceland, David van Kemenade, Þorsteinn Gunnlaugsson, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
Jun 9, 2021 – Red Bee Media has announced that Síminn is using its Channel Store service to create television bundles, with live and on-demand content, and deliver these to its IPTV subscribers in Iceland.
News categories: Red Bee, Síminn, David van Kemenade, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Streaming, Turkey, UK
Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
Sep 15, 2020 – Disney+, the streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has launched in Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Disney+ already has more than 60.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Disney+, Rebecca Campbell, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Streaming, Sweden
Disney+ to launch in eight more European countries
Jun 23, 2020 – Disney has set 15th September as the launch date for Disney+ in eight markets (Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg) across Western and Northern Europe.
News categories: Disney, Apps, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Portugal, Streaming, Sweden
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania