Iceland Digital TV News
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
Sep 15, 2020 – Disney+, the streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has launched in Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Disney+ already has more than 60.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Disney+, Rebecca Campbell, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Sweden
Disney+ to launch in eight more European countries
Jun 23, 2020 – Disney has set 15th September as the launch date for Disney+ in eight markets (Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg) across Western and Northern Europe.
News categories: Disney, Apps, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Sweden
Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2020 – According to Dataxis, in the Nordic markets, almost every household accesses TV through paid subscriptions. Free-to-air reception only grants access to the few public channels, pushing viewers to subscribe to pay services.
News categories: Dataxis, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
Mar 26, 2020 – NENT Group will launch its Viaplay streaming service in Iceland on 1 April. Viaplay will now be available in all five Nordic countries and will be available through direct subscriptions and third-party partnerships.
News categories: NENT Group, Viaplay, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Iceland, OTT
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Iceland's Siminn moves transcoding to the Cloud with Harmonic
Apr 3, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Icelandic telecommunications company, Siminn, is using Harmonic's File360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) for file transcoding. Siminn plans to replace its existing hardware-based transcoding farm with File360 SaaS.
News categories: Harmonic, Siminn, Ian Graham, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, NABShow
NorDig approves Unified Requirements v3.1
Oct 8, 2018 – NorDig has approved a new version of its specifications for digital TVs and STBs (IRDs). Among the novelties in the specification, NorDig Unified Requirements v3.1, is the addition of Next Generation Audio (NGA) for HEVC based services.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Terrestrial
Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
May 24, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications operator Síminn has launched a service supporting 4K video content with new set-top boxes capable of reception through Broadpeak’s nanoCDN.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Jacques Le Mancq, Eric Figueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Mobile
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.