Iceland Digital TV News
Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
Sep 15, 2020 – Disney+, the streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has launched in Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Disney+ already has more than 60.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Disney+, Rebecca Campbell, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Sweden
Disney+ to launch in eight more European countries
Jun 23, 2020 – Disney has set 15th September as the launch date for Disney+ in eight markets (Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg) across Western and Northern Europe.
News categories: Disney, Apps, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Sweden
Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2020 – According to Dataxis, in the Nordic markets, almost every household accesses TV through paid subscriptions. Free-to-air reception only grants access to the few public channels, pushing viewers to subscribe to pay services.
News categories: Dataxis, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
Mar 26, 2020 – NENT Group will launch its Viaplay streaming service in Iceland on 1 April. Viaplay will now be available in all five Nordic countries and will be available through direct subscriptions and third-party partnerships.
News categories: NENT Group, Viaplay, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Iceland, OTT
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Iceland's Siminn moves transcoding to the Cloud with Harmonic
Apr 3, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Icelandic telecommunications company, Siminn, is using Harmonic's File360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) for file transcoding. Siminn plans to replace its existing hardware-based transcoding farm with File360 SaaS.
News categories: Harmonic, Siminn, Ian Graham, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, NABShow
NorDig approves Unified Requirements v3.1
Oct 8, 2018 – NorDig has approved a new version of its specifications for digital TVs and STBs (IRDs). Among the novelties in the specification, NorDig Unified Requirements v3.1, is the addition of Next Generation Audio (NGA) for HEVC based services.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Terrestrial
Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
May 24, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications operator Síminn has launched a service supporting 4K video content with new set-top boxes capable of reception through Broadpeak’s nanoCDN.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Jacques Le Mancq, Eric Figueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Mobile
The Venture Reality Fund and LucidWeb release European VR company survey
Feb 7, 2017 – The Venture Reality Fund (The VR Fund) has released its first-ever European virtual reality (VR) landscape, featuring dozens of companies developing infrastructure, tools/platforms and/or apps for the booming ecosystem.
News categories: The Venture Reality Fund, LucidWeb, Tipatat Chennavasin, Leen Segers, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, VR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5