Ireland Digital TV News
Liberty Global reports Q1 2023 results
May 9, 2023 – Liberty Global has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company finished the period with 3,383,500 Video Subscribers, down 36,900 in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 1, 2022 – Liberty Global has announced Q3 2022 results. In Q3, the company delivered aggregate broadband and postpaid mobile growth of 186,000 new subscribers, supported mostly by broadband subscriber gains in the U.K. and positive postpaid trends across all its core FMC markets.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Sky Glass to launch in Ireland in August
Jul 27, 2022 – Sky Ireland has announced that Sky's TV, Sky Glass, will launch in Ireland on 25th August 2022. Sky Glass is the only TV with Sky inside, allowing customers to get Sky TV over WiFi – removing the need for a satellite dish or STB.
News categories: Sky, JD Buckley, Digital TV, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming
Axinom expands partnership with Sky
Jul 1, 2022 – Axinom has expanded its technical partnership with Sky. The partnership includes app development as well as maintenance support for some of the largest streaming initiatives - WOW, Now, Peacock, and Sky Go.
News categories: Axinom, Sky, Magnus Leppik, Ben Lavender, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UK
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
'Ad-Lite' discovery+ option to launch in the UK and Ireland
Feb 15, 2022 – Discovery UK is to introduce an 'Ad-Lite' offering for discovery+ customers in the UK and Ireland, the first launch by a global SVOD service of such an offering in the UK. Further rollouts across the EMEA region are expected this year.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Discovery UK, James Gibbons, Katie Coteman, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.