Ireland Digital TV News
Liberty Global reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 1, 2022 – Liberty Global has announced Q3 2022 results. In Q3, the company delivered aggregate broadband and postpaid mobile growth of 186,000 new subscribers, supported mostly by broadband subscriber gains in the U.K. and positive postpaid trends across all its core FMC markets.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Sky Glass to launch in Ireland in August
Jul 27, 2022 – Sky Ireland has announced that Sky's TV, Sky Glass, will launch in Ireland on 25th August 2022. Sky Glass is the only TV with Sky inside, allowing customers to get Sky TV over WiFi – removing the need for a satellite dish or STB.
News categories: Sky, JD Buckley, Digital TV, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming
Axinom expands partnership with Sky
Jul 1, 2022 – Axinom has expanded its technical partnership with Sky. The partnership includes app development as well as maintenance support for some of the largest streaming initiatives - WOW, Now, Peacock, and Sky Go.
News categories: Axinom, Sky, Magnus Leppik, Ben Lavender, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UK
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
'Ad-Lite' discovery+ option to launch in the UK and Ireland
Feb 15, 2022 – Discovery UK is to introduce an 'Ad-Lite' offering for discovery+ customers in the UK and Ireland, the first launch by a global SVOD service of such an offering in the UK. Further rollouts across the EMEA region are expected this year.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Discovery UK, James Gibbons, Katie Coteman, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK
Peacock European rollout begins on Sky in the UK and Ireland
Nov 15, 2021 – Sky and NBCUniversal have announced plans to roll out Peacock content across Sky territories, beginning with a soft launch in the UK and Ireland. Starting on 16th November, Sky TV customers and NOW Entertainment Members in these markets will gain access to a new Peacock destination.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Sky, Lee Raftery, Zai Bennett, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment