Netherlands (Holland) Digital TV News
In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
Nov 23, 2021 – IBC has announced that the in person IBC2021 event has been cancelled. The move follows growing concerns about the COVID-19 situation in The Netherlands, which has deteriorated over the past week, and feedback from the IBC exhibitor and visitor community.
News categories: IBC, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
Nov 19, 2021 – Broadpeak has taken the decision to withdraw its in-person participation at IBC2021 following announcements from the Dutch government imposing a partial lockdown in Amsterdam and from the IBC to move forward with the event.
News categories: Broadpeak, Jacques Le Mancq, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Vodafone Group TV subscribers down 51,000 in 3Q 2021
Nov 16, 2021 – Vodafone Group has announced its H1 FY22 results. In the quarter to 30 September 2021, the number of TV subscribers decreased by 51,000 to end with a total of 18.449 million. VodafoneZiggo subscribers were down 23,000, finishing at 3.755 million.
News categories: Vodafone Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Results, Spain, Subscribers
Viaccess-Orca won't physically exhibit at IBC2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that in light of the recent surge in COVID-19 cases and enhanced safety restrictions in the Netherlands the company will not physically participate in IBC2021.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Philippe Leonetti, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands
Irdeto withdraws from IBC 2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Irdeto has made the decision to withdraw from the IBC 2021 show. Irdeto does not believe that it is advisable to hold a very large indoor event in Amsterdam at this time and under the current circumstances.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands
IBC to move ahead with live Amsterdam show
Nov 16, 2021 – IBC has confirmed that IBC2021 will take place on December 3-6 at The RAI in Amsterdam. The announcement follows a Board decision to continue with the planned event because it can be delivered safely and create the business momentum that the industry needs.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
Sep 22, 2021 – Following Ross Video's recent withdrawal from NAB Show 2021 and the subsequent cancellation of the in-person event, Ross have announced that they will not be participating in IBC's physical 2021 exhibition.
News categories: Ross Video, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 sell T-Mobile Netherlands
Sep 7, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 have entered into an agreement to sell T-Mobile Netherlands to WP/AP Telecom Holdings, an entity jointly controlled by funds advised by Apax Partners and Warburg Pincus.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile NL, Tele2, Thorsten Langheim, Søren Abildgaard, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope