Netherlands (Holland) Digital TV News
Agama and Broadpeak implement multicast ABR monitoring at DELTA
Sep 12, 2023 – Agama has integrated multicast ABR stream monitoring into its Analyzer probe offer. The development is a result of a collaboration between Agama and Broadpeak, deployed by DELTA.
News categories: Agama, Broadpeak, DELTA, Johan Görsjö, Damien Sterkers, Bart Smeels, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, QoE, Streaming
DPG Media selects Actus Digital for compliance monitoring
Aug 22, 2023 – DPG Media has transitioned to the AI-based Intelligent Monitoring Platform from Actus Digital for regulatory compliance recording/monitoring and ad verification.
News categories: Actus Digital, DPG Media, Diginet, Sima Levy, Stijn Mertens, Karl Imbrechts, Advertising, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2023, Netherlands, QoE
KPN acquires Youfone’s Dutch activities
Jun 22, 2023 – KPN has taken over the Dutch activities of Youfone for around €200 million. Youfone, already active on KPN's networks, will be added to KPN's existing brand portfolio.
News categories: KPN, Youfone, Digital TV, MandA, Netherlands
XroadMedia to power personalization at Dutch regional broadcasters
May 22, 2023 – Regiogroei, a partnership of 10 Dutch regional media broadcasters, has announced a project with XroadMedia to replace their existing recommendation solution with a more advanced alternative.
News categories: XroadMedia, Regiogroei, Adolf Proidl, Christjan Knijff, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, UX
Liberty Global reports Q1 2023 results
May 9, 2023 – Liberty Global has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company finished the period with 3,383,500 Video Subscribers, down 36,900 in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
RTL finishes Q1 2023 with 5.9 million streaming subscribers
May 4, 2023 – RTL Group has published results for the first three months of 2023. As of 31 March, the group had 5.909 million paying subscribers for its streaming services RTL+ and Videoland, up 37.1% YoY.
News categories: RTL Group, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Media Distillery improves user experience at VodafoneZiggo
Apr 25, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that VodafoneZiggo has implemented its EPG Correction Distillery to improve the user experience for its nearly 4 million video subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Media Distillery, VodafoneZiggo, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Leo-Geert van den Berg, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
Feb 7, 2023 – Witbe (Euronext Growth – FR0013143872 – ALWIT) has announced that T-Mobile NL and Witbe will work together to ensure the quality of T-Mobile NL's IPTV services on consumer video devices such as STBs, smart TVs and mobile apps.
News categories: Witbe, T-Mobile NL, Mathieu Planche, Duska Saric, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, QoE
KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
Jan 23, 2023 – KPN has launched KPN TV+ in the Netherlands. With KPN TV+, live TV and streaming apps come together on one screen, making it easy for viewers to zap between TV channels and Netflix, Disney+ or Videoland.
News categories: KPN, Jochem de Jong, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC