Netherlands (Holland) Digital TV News
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
KPN offers Disney+, ESPN entertainment combination
Apr 21, 2022 – KPN has announced that its entertainment offer has been expanded with a unique combination of streaming service Disney+ and the ESPN-TV sports channels. As a result, customers can now add Disney+ to their entertainment package.
News categories: KPN, Disney, Jochem de Jong, Bart Verhoeven, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
Nov 23, 2021 – IBC has announced that the in person IBC2021 event has been cancelled. The move follows growing concerns about the COVID-19 situation in The Netherlands, which has deteriorated over the past week, and feedback from the IBC exhibitor and visitor community.
News categories: IBC, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
Nov 19, 2021 – Broadpeak has taken the decision to withdraw its in-person participation at IBC2021 following announcements from the Dutch government imposing a partial lockdown in Amsterdam and from the IBC to move forward with the event.
News categories: Broadpeak, Jacques Le Mancq, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Vodafone Group TV subscribers down 51,000 in 3Q 2021
Nov 16, 2021 – Vodafone Group has announced its H1 FY22 results. In the quarter to 30 September 2021, the number of TV subscribers decreased by 51,000 to end with a total of 18.449 million. VodafoneZiggo subscribers were down 23,000, finishing at 3.755 million.
News categories: Vodafone Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Results, Spain, Subscribers
Viaccess-Orca won't physically exhibit at IBC2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that in light of the recent surge in COVID-19 cases and enhanced safety restrictions in the Netherlands the company will not physically participate in IBC2021.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Philippe Leonetti, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands
Irdeto withdraws from IBC 2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Irdeto has made the decision to withdraw from the IBC 2021 show. Irdeto does not believe that it is advisable to hold a very large indoor event in Amsterdam at this time and under the current circumstances.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience