Netherlands (Holland) Digital TV News
Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 sell T-Mobile Netherlands
Sep 7, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 have entered into an agreement to sell T-Mobile Netherlands to WP/AP Telecom Holdings, an entity jointly controlled by funds advised by Apax Partners and Warburg Pincus.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile NL, Tele2, Thorsten Langheim, Søren Abildgaard, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands
VodafoneZiggo video subscribers down 23,600 in 2Q 2021
Jul 30, 2021 – VodafoneZiggo has reported results for the second quarter of 2021. Strong progress on the company's Mediabox Next roll-out continues as 1.6 million customers now have the new 4K video platform.
News categories: VodafoneZiggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
Aug 2, 2021 – DELTA Fiber has secured €2 billion for the roll out of the newest generation fiber network, XGS-PON, throughout the Netherlands. DELTA Fiber will grow to 2 million fiber connections in 2025 while offering much higher internet speeds.
News categories: DELTA Fiber, Marco Visser, Fibre, Netherlands
Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
Jul 29, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q2 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses were at 41,900 in the quarter. Liberty has received a non-binding offer from Iliad to acquire 100% of UPC Poland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
XroadMedia powers content discovery for NLZIET's OTT service
Jul 1, 2021 – NLZIET and XroadMedia have announced that, with the help of XroadMedia’s Ncanto solution, NLZIET users can now take advantage of advanced search and personal recommendations to discover content on NLZIET's OTT platform.
News categories: XroadMedia, NLZIET, Adolf Proidl, Sander Kouwenhoven, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, UX
Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
Jun 10, 2021 – 24i has announced that Kabelnoord will be extending its use of 24i's Smart Apps and Smart Video products to launch the first Kabelnoord streaming applications for Smart TVs.
News categories: 24i, Kabelnoord, Joachim Bergman, Wybren Lieuwes, Apps, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart TV, TV Everywhere
Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
May 3, 2021 – NEP The Netherlands (NEP) has agree to acquire Stoneroos. Stoneroos offers interactive TV applications and content discovery services that improve clients' TV experiences through metadata and enriched content.
News categories: Stoneroos, NEP The Netherlands, Annelies Kaptein, Ralf van Vegten, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Netherlands, UX
XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
Apr 20, 2021 – XroadMedia has announced that Delta Fiber Nederland (DFN) is using Ncanto, XroadMedia's content discovery, recommendations and personalization solution, for customers of its Delta and Caiway IPTV services.
News categories: XroadMedia, Delta Fiber Nederland, Adolf Proidl, Bart Smeels, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, UX
Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
Apr 15, 2021 – Stoneroos has announced an improved set-top box user experience for DELTA and Caiway in the Netherlands. As well as faster performance, the upgrade includes a choice of TV guides, List view or Grid view.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community