Austria Digital TV News
A1 Telekom Austria expands use of Actus Digital's monitoring platform
Nov 14, 2023 – Actus Digital has announced that A1 Telekom Austria is using the Actus intelligent monitoring platform for a diverse range of use cases including compliance recording and technical monitoring.
News categories: Actus Digital, A1 Telekom, Sima Levy, Josef Windisch, Austria, Digital TV, QoE
A1 Group to include Netflix in its portfolio of products
Oct 18, 2023 – A1 Group is to include Netflix in its A1 products with customers able to access Netflix from any of their screens. Netflix will also be integrated into the company's Xplore TV Box.
News categories: A1 Group, Netflix, Alejandro Plater, Maja Porczyńska, Apps, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Streaming
glomex selects Axinom DRM to safeguard its videos
Aug 31, 2023 – glomex has chosen Axinom DRM to protect its content. glomex needed a multi-DRM service that offered service flexibility, ensured the protection of premium VoD across devices, and could manage peak demand.
News categories: Axinom, glomex, Johannes Jauch, Deno von Selasinsky, Ioannis Charkiotakis, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Media Distillery deployed at Magenta Telekom in Austria
Sep 4, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that Magenta Telekom is deploying its EPG Correction Distiller to resolve the discrepancy between actual and scheduled EPG start and end times of TV shows.
News categories: Media Distillery, Magenta Telekom, Roland Sars, Christian Jaros, Austria, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, UX
Pay TV and paid video content revenues in Germany rose again in 2022
Aug 31, 2023 – According to VAUNET, in 2022, revenues for pay TV and paid VOD in Germany rose by nearly 5% to €4.9 billion. Looking ahead, VAUNET projects an 8% growth for 2023 to €5.3 billion.
News categories: VAUNET, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Streaming, Switzerland, TV Services
ORS becomes shareholder of Insys Video Technologies
Jun 28, 2023 – Austrian TV provider, ORS, has become a shareholder of Insys Video Technologies. ORS is using the Insys Video platform to distribute its simpliTV streaming service.
News categories: Insys Video, ORS, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
ORS trials live 5G broadcast transmission at Donauinselfest in Vienna
Jun 21, 2023 – As part of an RTR-funded 5G Broadcast trial in Vienna, ORS tested 5G Broadcast distribution for large live events regarding latency and hybrid distribution at the Donauinselfest.
News categories: ORS, RTR, ORF, Kronehit, Martin Holovlasky, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
May 23, 2023 – Insys Video Technologies and Bitmovin have partnered on a solution to stream live content and secure videos with Cloud DRM, by integrating Insys' Cloud Video Kit with the Bitmovin Player.
News categories: Insys Video, Bitmovin, Piotr Czekała, David Rushton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
ORS deploys video delivery solution fully managed by Broadpeak
May 17, 2023 – Broadpeak has announced that ORS has deployed a video delivery solution fully managed by Broadpeak, providing live, VOD, and catch-up TV services with high reliability and quality of experience.
News categories: Broadpeak, ORS, Jacques Le Mancq, Norbert Grill, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification