Austria Digital TV News
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Switzerland
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Panasonic and M7 launch HbbTV Operator App
Oct 23, 2019 – Panasonic and the M7 Group have announced a partnership to support the HbbTV Operator App specification. As a result of the cooperation, an HbbTV Operator Apps running on Panasonic TVs is available for Diveo in Germany and for HD Austria.
News categories: Panasonic, M7 Group, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Smart TV
Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
Oct 10, 2019 – Ocilion and Salzburg AG have jointly rolled out 'TV Plus' IPTV service in Salzburg and parts of Styria. The offer includes a 4K Set Top Box, remote control, mobile app, replay TV, PVR, HD channels and a video library with the latest movies.
News categories: Ocilion, Salzburg AG, Hans Kühberger, Martin Pölzgutter, Apps, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
Sep 17, 2019 – LIWEST Kabelmedien has deployed Ocilion’s IPTV solutions integrated with Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) security. LIWEST joins kabelplus and Salzburg AG as the third Austrian operator to leverage the combined strengths of the partner companies.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ocilion, LIWEST, Steve Oetegenn, Hans Kühberger, Philipp-Thomas Müller, Austria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
A1 streams 8K video via 5G for the first time ever in Austria
Aug 26, 2019 – At the European Forum Alpbach 2019, A1 streamed an 8K video via the A1 5G network for the first time ever in Austria. Together with Nokia and Samsung, A1 presented one of the many fields of application for the new mobile technology.
News categories: A1 Telekom, Nokia, Samsung, Thomas Arnoldner, Marcus Grausam, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2019. In Germany, 58,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.477 million, an increase of 7.3 percent compared with June 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Verimatrix and Ocilion partner for IPTV delivery in Austria
Jun 5, 2019 – Verimatrix and Ocilion have announced two Austrian operators as their latest customers. kabelplus and Salzburg AG have each selected on-premise IPTV solutions from Ocilion that are secured by Verimatrix, enabling flexible and future-proof video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ocilion, kabelplus, Salzburg AG, Steve Oetegenn, Hans Kühberger, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware