Poland Digital TV News
Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
Nov 16, 2022 – Redge Media CDN has joined the EPIX traffic exchange node belonging to the MiŚOT Group. Thanks to the cooperation, EPIX participants and their clients have direct access to content distributed by Redge Media CDN.
News categories: Redge Media, EPIX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
TVP launches VOD powered by Redge Media
Oct 21, 2022 – TVP, Poland's national broadcaster, has launched its TVP VOD streaming service for a wide range of end user platforms including HbbTV. The video service is delivered on the Redge Media Service Delivery Platform.
News categories: Redge Media, TVP, Mateusz Zawiślak, Marcin Klepacki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Poland, Streaming
Redge Media powers Kanał Sportowy OTT platform
Oct 13, 2022 – Polish YouTube channel, Kanał Sportowy, has launched its own OTT platform. Kanał Sportowy now has full control of their content within their multiscreen apps thanks to Redge Media's end-to-end video streaming solution.
News categories: Redge Media, Kanał Sportowy, Justyna Porzucek, Maciej Sawicki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Smart TV
WP Pilot VOD powered by Redge Media
Sep 1, 2022 – WP Pilot, the most popular vMVPD platform in Poland, is now available with VOD functionality. The deployment is based on Redge Media Service Delivery Platform powering applications for web browsers and Connected TVs.
News categories: Redge, WP Pilot, Przemysław Frasunek, Marcin Malicki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Poland, Streaming
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
Jul 1, 2022 – CryptoGuard has announced that ASTA-NET has selected CryptoGuard multi-DRM solution to secure video content for its MeeVu IPTV platform. ASTA-NET is a broadband, TV and telephony service provider in the Greater Poland region.
News categories: CryptoGuard, ASTA-NET, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Jakub Kucharzewski, Zbigniew Ryczek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
Jul 1, 2022 – Redge Technologies has extended its contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery for the licensing of the Redge Media SDP platform and the provision of Redge Media VDP services. Player.pl has been operating on the Redge Media platform since 2017.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Przemysław Frasunek, Maciej Gozdowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues