Poland Digital TV News
ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
Jul 1, 2022 – CryptoGuard has announced that ASTA-NET has selected CryptoGuard multi-DRM solution to secure video content for its MeeVu IPTV platform. ASTA-NET is a broadband, TV and telephony service provider in the Greater Poland region.
News categories: CryptoGuard, ASTA-NET, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Jakub Kucharzewski, Zbigniew Ryczek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
Jul 1, 2022 – Redge Technologies has extended its contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery for the licensing of the Redge Media SDP platform and the provision of Redge Media VDP services. Player.pl has been operating on the Redge Media platform since 2017.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Przemysław Frasunek, Maciej Gozdowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Orange TV subscribers down 66,000 in 1Q 2022
Apr 26, 2022 – Orange has provided first quarter 2022 financial information to 31 March 2022. The company finished the quarter with 11.701 million IPTV and satellite customers, down 66,000 in the quarter and up 1.264 million year-on-year.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Luxembourg, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Redge Media powers FlixClassic SVOD service in Poland
Apr 27, 2022 – A new SVOD service for Poland has been launched: FlixClassic aims to bring viewers classic movies, drama, comedy, action and much more, including surreal and niche content. The service is deployed on Redge Media's end-to-end video streaming platform.
News categories: Redge Media, FlixClassic, Tomasz Pałdyna, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Redge Media service delivery platform chosen by Poland's TVP
Apr 5, 2022 – TVP, Poland's national broadcaster, has chosen Redge Media's service delivery platform (SDP). The SDP consists of a digital asset manager, content management system and an integrated e-commerce, analytics and CRM module.
News categories: Redge Media, TVP, Przemysław Frasunek, Marcin Klepacki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Liberty Global completes sale of UPC Poland to Iliad
Apr 1, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the previously announced sale of UPC Poland to iliad S.A.’s Polish mobile subsidiary Play for an enterprise value of PLN 7.0 billion ($1.7 billion)
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
MeeVu debuts OTT PaaS for Eastern European telcos with UniqCast
Dec 20, 2021 – MeeVu offers network operators from Eastern Europe the opportunity to launch multiscreen, interactive TV. Using UniqCast technology the platform provides live TV, catch-up TV, on-demand video, 4K content, and multitenant capabilities.
News categories: UniqCast, MeeVu, Darko Robic, Jakub Kucharzewski, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th