Belgium Digital TV News
DPG Media selects Actus Digital for compliance monitoring
Aug 22, 2023 – DPG Media has transitioned to the AI-based Intelligent Monitoring Platform from Actus Digital for regulatory compliance recording/monitoring and ad verification.
News categories: Actus Digital, DPG Media, Diginet, Sima Levy, Stijn Mertens, Karl Imbrechts, Advertising, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2023, Netherlands, QoE
Liberty Global acquires 93.23% of Telenet Group
Jul 19, 2023 – Liberty Global has announced results of the initial acceptance period of the takeover bid by its subsidiary Liberty Global Belgium for all the shares of Telenet Group.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telenet Group, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Liberty Global reports Q1 2023 results
May 9, 2023 – Liberty Global has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company finished the period with 3,383,500 Video Subscribers, down 36,900 in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Proximus TV subscribers down 12,000 in 1Q 2023
Apr 28, 2023 – Proximus Group has released financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company finished the quarter with 1.697 million TV subscribers, down 12,000 in the quarter.
News categories: Proximus, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Telenet video RGUs down 21,800 in 1Q 2023.
Apr 27, 2023 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. The company's video customer base was 1,727,800 RGUs at March 31, 2023, down 21,800 in the quarter.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
Mar 21, 2023 – Liberty Global Belgium has announced that it is intending to launch a takeover bid for all the shares of Telenet Group Holding that it does not already own or that are not held by Telenet.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
Mar 21, 2023 – Proximus is now using ThinkAnalytics' Think360 to power its Pickx service on all platforms. Think360 uses AI and ML to analyze Pickx subscribers' viewing behaviour to help them find new content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Proximus, Richard Dowling, Raphaël De Beys, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UX
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126