UK (United Kingdom, Great Britain & Northern Ireland) Digital TV News
Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
Dec 3, 2019 – Vodafone UK customers can now enjoy unlimited streaming of their favourite entertainment both in and out of the home with superfast broadband, unlimited mobile data and Apple TV 4K, plus 12 free months of Apple TV+, all in one package.
News categories: Vodafone, Apple, Max Taylor, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
Nov 28, 2019 – EE has treated commuters to an AR gig over 5G starring British band, Bastille. Bastille performed at Birmingham’s New Street Station, while fans in Liverpool and Edinburgh live streamed the performance using Nreal mixed reality glasses and the latest Samsung devices.
News categories: EE, Pete Jeavons, 5G, Digital TV, UK, VR
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
BT TV rolls out hands-free search with Alexa
Nov 22, 2019 – BT is becoming the only UK TV provider to offer Freeview, premium TV channels and Amazon Prime Video with integrated Alexa search and the convenience of one simple bill. Customers can link BT TV to their Alexa account by enabling the BT TV skill via the Alexa app.
News categories: BT TV, Pete Oliver, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Hisense Roku TV models now available in UK
Nov 22, 2019 – Hisense and Roku have announced that Hisense Roku TV models will be available in the UK. Recently announced at IFA 2019, these smart TVs are powered by the Roku OS, offering consumers a premium TV experience at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Bart Bomers, Arun Bhatoye, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
Nov 21, 2019 – Deltatre has powered the launch of streaming service BritBox. BritBox chose Deltatre as its front-end and design partner, utilising 'AXIS', the company’s targeted UX management platform, to power the front-end of its streaming service.
News categories: Deltatre, BritBox, Ron Downey, Lee Marshall, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, UX
Immersive Economy in the UK 2019 report published
Nov 19, 2019 – Immerse UK and Digital Catapult have published the second Immersive Economy in the UK report. It explores the spread of companies working with immersive technologies such as high-end visualisation, virtual, mixed, and augmented reality, haptics and other sensory interfaces with data.
News categories: Digital Catapult, Immerse UK, Jeremy Silver, Fiona Kilkelly, Market Research, UK, VR
ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
Nov 12, 2019 – ITV has announced the launch of its addressable advertising platform - Planet V. Planet V will allow advertisers and agencies control over the purchasing of their campaigns across ITV’s premium VOD service, the ITV Hub.
News categories: ITV, Kelly Williams, Steve Ballinger, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
Nov 11, 2019 – Sky and the BBC are to collaborate on content and technology. The BBC iPlayer app and connected red-button service will launch on Sky Q, and the companies will explore the use of Sky’s targeting technology, to serve up more personalised promotional content to BBC viewers.
News categories: Sky, BBC, Stephen van Rooyen, Bob Shennan, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware