UK (United Kingdom, Great Britain & Northern Ireland) Digital TV News
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 23, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
Jul 23, 2021 – Samba TV has announced the launch of its global Real-time TV Viewership Dashboard, an interactive TV analytics dashboard featuring geographic and demographic analysis of viewership in real-time across the world.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Chad Stoller, Mike Law, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA
ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
Jul 22, 2021 – ITV and Sky have signed a deal that includes enabling ITV to launch addressable advertising on Sky platforms. The ITV Hub app will also be added to the current ITV Hub service on Sky Q during 2022.
News categories: Sky, ITV, Stephen van Rooyen, Carolyn McCall, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Simplestream powers Islam Channel streaming service
Jul 16, 2021 – Islam Channel has chosen to partner with Simplestream to expand its live and on-demand streaming service. The new service is built on Simplestream's App Platform and allows audiences to access content on multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, Islam Channel, Josh Harrington, Mohamed Harrath, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UK, Worldwide
Simplestream selected to power GB News OTT services
Jul 14, 2021 – Simplestream has been selected by recently launched British TV news channel, GB News, to power a range of OTT services. The digital offering complements the service’s traditional linear TV distribution strategy.
News categories: Simplestream, GB News, Dan Finch, Marc Schipper, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
ITV to launch shoppable TV in the UK on LG TVs
Jul 7, 2021 – ITV is to launch shoppable TV, allowing viewers to discover and shop items from its programmes directly on screen. The interactive system uses AI technology from TheTake, a contextual product discovery company.
News categories: ITV, TheTake, LG Electronics, Bhavit Chandrani, Paul Ridsdale, Ty Cooper, Mihee Yoo, Pete Markey, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK, UX
TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
Jun 17, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) and Roku have announced that they will be launching TCL Roku TV models in the UK. TCL Roku TV models will be available in both HD and 4K UHD resolution, in sizes ranging from 32” to 65”.
News categories: Roku, TCL Electronics, Arthur van Rest, Bernie Chen, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, UX
Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
Jun 11, 2021 – The Carbon Trust has published a white paper examining the carbon impact of streaming VOD to enable future decisions to be based on informed understanding of the methods, complexity, and uncertainties involved.
News categories: Carbon Trust, DIMPACT, Andie Stephens, Glynn Roberts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, Worldwide
UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
Jun 9, 2021 – Sky, ITV and Channel 4 are working together to launch CFlight, an advertising metric that captures live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions across all mainstream viewing platforms in the UK.
News categories: Sky Media, ITV, Channel 4, NBCUniversal, Tim Pearson, Kelly Williams, Veriça Djurdjevic, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership