DVD (Blu-Ray, HD DVD, DVD-Recorder, …) News
39% of U.S. adults watch video on connected TV devices daily
Jun 4, 2021 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) finds that 39% of adults in U.S. TV households watch video on a TV via a connected device daily – compared to 40% in 2020, 31% in 2019, 19% in 2016, and 3% in 2011.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
One billion devices able to deliver content to a screen in US homes
Apr 26, 2021 – According to NPD's 'Device Ownership Trends & Profile Report', by February 2021, U.S. households had over one billion devices installed, connected, and able to deliver digital content to a screen.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Sharp renews TiVo G-Guide licensing
Feb 16, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced an agreement with Sharp to use TiVo's G-Guide products across compatible television and Ultra HD Blu-ray recorder products in the Japanese market.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Sharp Corp, Matt Milne, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Patent, Smart TV, UX
U.S. consumers spent over $7bn on home entertainment in 3Q 2020
Nov 11, 2020 – According to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumers spent $7.3 billion to watch movies and TV shows for home and personal viewing in the third quarter of 2020, almost 18% up on the same period one year earlier.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Streaming, USA
80% of U.S. TV households have at least one Connected TV device
Jun 5, 2020 – According to Leichtman Research Group (LRG), 80% of U.S. TV households have at least one connected TV device, including connected Smart TVs, stand-alone streaming devices, connected video game systems, and/or connected Blu-ray players.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
May 19, 2020 – New research from Parks Associates finds 67% of US broadband households own and use at least one internet-connected video device, either a smart TV, streaming media player, internet-connected gaming console, or connected PVR/DVR.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. weekly Netflix usage up 72% since COVID-19 pandemic began
May 4, 2020 – Since shelter at home orders were announced in the U.S., there has been a 72% increase in the number of Netflix subscriber profiles that were used to stream video each week, according to NPD. Less densely populated regions also saw DVD and Blu-ray sales growth.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019
Jan 13, 2020 – DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group has released its Year-End 2019 Digital Media Entertainment Report compiled by DEG members, tracking sources and retail input. Digital Media Entertainment spending jumped 8.4% in 2019 to a record $25.2 billion.
News categories: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Streaming, USA
SiTune ships two millionth 8K TV silicon tuner
Sep 9, 2019 – SiTune has announced that it has shipped more than 2 million of its STN6528 dual concurrent ISDB-S3 Satellite and Terrestrial/Cable tuner used in 8K TVs. The tuners have been used in 8K Time Shift TVs and Blue Ray Recorders.
News categories: SiTune, Ben Runyan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars