Optical Disc Recorder (DVD, Blu-ray) News
Digital TV in 82% of Dutch households
Feb 3, 2014 – According to the 2013 Media Standard Survey (MSS) produced by TNS-NIPO for Stichting KijkOnderzoek (SKO), digital television is now in 82% of Dutch households, up from 76% in 2012.
News categories: Stichting KijkOnderzoek, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Smart TV, Terrestrial
25% of German households had DVB-T receivers at end-2011
Aug 28, 2012 – According to figures from Germany's Federal Statistical Office the penetration of DTT receivers in German households more than doubled from the end of 2007 to the end of 2011. DVB-T receivers were in 25% of households at the end of last year.
News categories: Destatis, Cable TV, DVD, Germany, IFABerlin, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Digital TV in 76% of Dutch households
Jul 30, 2012 – According to the First Half 2012 Media Standard Survey (MSS) produced by TNS-NIPO for Stichting KijkOnderzoek (SKO) in the Netherlands, digital television is now in 76% of Dutch households, up from 73% in the second half of 2011.
News categories: Stichting KijkOnderzoek, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Blu-ray Technology on the Rise across Southeast Asia
May 21, 2012 – While other types of video players are experiencing negative growth, GfK findings for Southeast Asia registered a thriving Blu-ray market which expanded at a healthy rate of 51% in volume and 8% in value in the first three months of 2012.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, DVD, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Singapore, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
Smart CE Device Unit Shipments to Surpass 92 Million in 2016
Feb 29, 2012 – The advent of 'smart CE devices' is having a profound effect on the digital multimedia home. New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that smart CE device unit shipments will surpass 92 million in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box
Installed Base of Connected Devices to Reach 1.34 Billion in 2016
Jan 25, 2012 – Driven primarily by the success of digital TVs, satellite STBs, video game consoles, and Blu-ray disc players and recorders, In-Stat forecasts that the connected device installed base will grow from 256.8 million units in 2011 to 1.34 billion units in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Consumer Electronics Account for 13% of U.S. Residential Energy Consumption
Dec 21, 2011 – The Consumer Electronics Association has released a study showing that despite their popularity in American homes, consumer electronic devices account for a relatively small share - roughly 13% - of the average U.S. home's electricity consumption.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
HDMI-Enabled Product Shipments to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
Dec 13, 2011 – New In-Stat research forecasts that the number of HDMI-enabled device shipments will surpass 1 billion in 2014, while DVI-enabled shipments will decline by 9.4% annually through 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Germany: Consumer Electronics market displays sound growth in the first half of 2011
Aug 22, 2011 – Results from the latest Consumer Electronics Market Index (CEMIX) show that the industry continues to grow. In the first half of the year, the market demonstrated a value increase of 4.3% compared to HY1 2010.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Gaming, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania