Optical Disc Recorder (DVD, Blu-ray) News
Digital TV in 82% of Dutch households
Feb 3, 2014 – According to the 2013 Media Standard Survey (MSS) produced by TNS-NIPO for Stichting KijkOnderzoek (SKO), digital television is now in 82% of Dutch households, up from 76% in 2012.
News categories: Stichting KijkOnderzoek, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Smart TV, Terrestrial
25% of German households had DVB-T receivers at end-2011
Aug 28, 2012 – According to figures from Germany's Federal Statistical Office the penetration of DTT receivers in German households more than doubled from the end of 2007 to the end of 2011. DVB-T receivers were in 25% of households at the end of last year.
News categories: Destatis, Cable TV, DVD, Germany, IFA2020, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Digital TV in 76% of Dutch households
Jul 30, 2012 – According to the First Half 2012 Media Standard Survey (MSS) produced by TNS-NIPO for Stichting KijkOnderzoek (SKO) in the Netherlands, digital television is now in 76% of Dutch households, up from 73% in the second half of 2011.
News categories: Stichting KijkOnderzoek, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Blu-ray Technology on the Rise across Southeast Asia
May 21, 2012 – While other types of video players are experiencing negative growth, GfK findings for Southeast Asia registered a thriving Blu-ray market which expanded at a healthy rate of 51% in volume and 8% in value in the first three months of 2012.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, DVD, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Singapore, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
Smart CE Device Unit Shipments to Surpass 92 Million in 2016
Feb 29, 2012 – The advent of 'smart CE devices' is having a profound effect on the digital multimedia home. New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that smart CE device unit shipments will surpass 92 million in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box
Installed Base of Connected Devices to Reach 1.34 Billion in 2016
Jan 25, 2012 – Driven primarily by the success of digital TVs, satellite STBs, video game consoles, and Blu-ray disc players and recorders, In-Stat forecasts that the connected device installed base will grow from 256.8 million units in 2011 to 1.34 billion units in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Consumer Electronics Account for 13% of U.S. Residential Energy Consumption
Dec 21, 2011 – The Consumer Electronics Association has released a study showing that despite their popularity in American homes, consumer electronic devices account for a relatively small share - roughly 13% - of the average U.S. home's electricity consumption.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
HDMI-Enabled Product Shipments to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
Dec 13, 2011 – New In-Stat research forecasts that the number of HDMI-enabled device shipments will surpass 1 billion in 2014, while DVI-enabled shipments will decline by 9.4% annually through 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Germany: Consumer Electronics market displays sound growth in the first half of 2011
Aug 22, 2011 – Results from the latest Consumer Electronics Market Index (CEMIX) show that the industry continues to grow. In the first half of the year, the market demonstrated a value increase of 4.3% compared to HY1 2010.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Gaming, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV