Blu-ray Disc (BD) News
SiTune ships two millionth 8K TV silicon tuner
Sep 9, 2019 – SiTune has announced that it has shipped more than 2 million of its STN6528 dual concurrent ISDB-S3 Satellite and Terrestrial/Cable tuner used in 8K TVs. The tuners have been used in 8K Time Shift TVs and Blue Ray Recorders.
News categories: SiTune, Ben Runyan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
31% of U.S. adults watch video via a connected TV device daily
May 31, 2019 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) finds that 74% of U.S. TV households have at least one Internet-connected TV device, including connected Smart TVs, stand-alone streaming devices, connected video game systems, and/or connected Blu-ray players.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Pay TV and SVOD in Europe on the up, TV viewing and Blu-ray slump
Nov 22, 2018 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its Yearbook 2018/2019 on line service. The database provides comparative European data on film, television, on-demand and physical video in 41 countries.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT
ACCESS browser selected for Panasonic Blu-ray recorder with 4K satellite
Sep 20, 2018 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its NetFront Browser BE v2 DTV Profile has been selected by Panasonic for its DIGA Blu-ray disc recorder with built-in 4K tuner (DMR-SUZ2060), to be released on the Japanese market.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
7% annual growth expected for connected TV devices in the U.S.
Sep 6, 2018 – In the U.S., at the end of 2017, 210 million devices were installed in consumer homes actively delivering internet connectivity to the TV screen, and by the end of 2021 there are forecast to be 275 million, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Global connected TV device installed base passes one billion unit mark
Aug 13, 2018 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than one billion Connected TV devices are now in use worldwide. Smart TVs have been consistently gaining share in the market and now stand at nearly 60% of the total installed base of devices.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Over 40% of U.S. streaming media player owners use their device daily or almost daily
Jul 24, 2018 – Parks Associates has announced research showing streaming media players are the most frequently used Internet-connected entertainment device, with 41% of owners using their players daily or almost daily.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Global video revenues hit $70bn in 2017
Mar 6, 2018 – Online services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have transformed the video business in recent years, but according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, revenue increases will be even higher in the next four years than in the previous four years.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware