Avanci Broadcast adds ETRI, KPN, NEC & NERC-DTV as ATSC 3.0 IP licensors
May 22, 2023 – Avanci Broadcast, the one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0, has announced the addition of four new licensors - ETRI, KPN, NEC and NERC-DTV.
News categories: Avanci Broadcast, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Via Licensing and MPEG LA combine to become Via LA
May 2, 2023 – Via Licensing and MPEG LA have united to form the Via Licensing Alliance (Via LA), a licensing organization with a rich portfolio of patents and intellectual property licensing programs.
News categories: Via Licensing Alliance, Heath Hoglund, Larry Horn, Digital TV, Licensing, MandA, Patent, Worldwide
Avanci one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched
Mar 7, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Broadcast, a patent licensing platform for the ATSC 3.0 broadcasting standard, offering a simple pricing model for manufacturers that implement the technology.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
MPEG LA revises terms to encourage VVC adoption
Nov 7, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced measures to bring its pool license for VVC into conformity with market realities that will free implementers to invest in VVC adoption.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance adds further patent owners
Aug 2, 2022 – Access Advance has announced recent additions to its list of patent owners (i.e., Licensors) participating in the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA sues Samsung for HEVC patents infringement
Mar 28, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced that enforcement actions have been brought in Landgericht Düsseldorf, Germany against Samsung Electronics for infringement of patents in MPEG LA's HEVC Patent Portfolio License.
News categories: MPEG LA, Samsung, Digital TV, Germany, Media Player, Patent, Smart TV
MPEG LA expands AVC license to include complete MVC coverage
Mar 17, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced that its AVC Patent Portfolio License has been expanded to provide coverage for the entire Multiview Video Coding (MVC) portion of the AVC specifications, including the MVC profiles covered by MPEG LA's MVC License.
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA introduces patent pool license for VVC
Jan 27, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the VVC Patent Portfolio License which includes patents that are essential to the Versatile Video Coding (VVC, also known as H.266 and MPEG-I Part 3) standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media