ATSC 3 (ATSC 3.0 / NextGen TV) and other Advanced Television Systems Committee News
Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
Jan 21, 2022 – Evoca is expanding to bring Altitude Sports and 60 other TV channels to Denver and across the Front Range. In addition, subscribers will have access to Evoca Replay, providing viewers with access to full recordings of games they may have missed.
News categories: Evoca, Altitude Sports, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver
Jan 11, 2022 – Atlanta DTH has announced a USB 2.0 plug-in compact digital terrestrial TV tuner for connection to Android TV, Android, Windows and Linux devices. The ADTH DGI-NexGen-Solo provides access to all locally receivable FTA channels.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Susan Zhang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Hardware, USA
BitRouter announces Android version of its ATSC 3.0 software
Jan 5, 2022 – BitRouter has announced the availability of an Android app version of its ATSC 3.0 software at CES 2022. The app, called ATV, can be ported to any Android device that supports ATSC tuners and a Dolby AC-4 certified SoC.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Nuvyyo announces Tablo ATSC 3.0 QUAD HDMI DVR for NextGen TV
Jan 4, 2022 – Nuvyyo has announced a NextGen TV-capable version of its HDMI-connected Over-the-Air (OTA) DVR featuring four hybrid ATSC 1.0/3.0 tuners. The Tablo ATSC 3.0 QUAD HDMI brings the latest OTA broadcast TV standard into the Tablo OTA DVR experience.
News categories: Nuvyyo, Grant Hall, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Television Jamaica to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 24, 2022 – Television Jamaica (TVJ) has been accepted as a full member of ATSC. The membership is one of many moves that the station is undertaking as it embarks on a transition from analogue to the digital ATSC 3.0 transmission.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Television Jamaica, Madeleine Noland, Claire Grant, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope