Middleware and Operating System (OS) News
Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
Mar 29, 2023 – Evolution Digital has announced that its EVO FORCE 1 set-top box has been integrated with OpenSync, the first Android TV STB to make the OpenSync home networking framework available.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Plume, OpenSync, Marc Cohen, Liem Vo, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
Mar 28, 2023 – iWedia has announced that INNOPIA has deployed iWedia's Android TV Custom Launcher in set-top boxes for Thamizhaga Cable TV Communication Limited (TCCL) in India.
News categories: iWedia, INNOPIA, TCCL, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Dr. Hee Won Park, Nagamanickam, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, UX
New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
Mar 22, 2023 – As the number of Fire TV devices sold passes 200 million globally, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the expansion of its Amazon-built TV series and their availability in more countries.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Germany, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS, UK, USA, Worldwide
HbbTV releases new version of core specification
Mar 14, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has published version 2.0.4 of its core specification. The three main highlights of the new version are voice assistant support, accessibility features and DVB-I integration.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
TELUS introduces next generation of Optik TV
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS has introduced a new Optik TV set-top box with added features including personalized profiles, universal search, voice remote and access to apps through the Google Play Store.
News categories: TELUS, Dwayne Benefield, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Foxxum partners with CVTE for Foxxum OS 4
Mar 7, 2023 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with CVTE that will see its Foxxum OS 4 integrated with CVTE's TV PCBs. The resulting motherboards will be available to regional OEMs and TV brands.
News categories: Foxxum, CVTE, Ronny Lutzi, Wang Bin, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TP Vision adds Mediaset app to Philips Smart TVs for Italy
Feb 28, 2023 – TP Vision has announced that the Mediaset app is now available on all Philips 2022 TVs featuring TP Vision's Smart TV OS, and also on the 2023 Smart TV lineup to be released later this year in Italy.
News categories: TP Vision, Mediaset, Michele Uslenghi, Pablo Falanga, Apps, Digital TV, Italy, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV