DVB-MHP (Multimedia Home Platform) News
ETSI publishes HbbTV spec for UK and Italy
Sep 6, 2016 – ETSI has published HbbTV 2.0.1 specification TS 102 796 V1.4.1 that will allow the United Kingdom and Italy to transition from MHEG and MHP to the new standard in 2017.
News categories: ETSI, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
Jul 18, 2016 – Intertrust has applauded its partner Tivù for their launch of Tivùon!, Italy’s first open standards-based Internet TV service. Tivùon! provides a unified program guide and catch-up TV services on Internet TV sets and set top boxes.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Talal Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, DRM, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tivù launches tivùon! catch-up TV application
Jul 18, 2016 – Tivù, the company that operates tivùsat, the Italian free-to-air satellite platform, has launched tivùon!, a catch-up application that allows users to browse an extended 7 day EPG, 7 days forward and 7 days backward.
News categories: Tivù, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
HbbTV 2.0 updated for UK and Italy deployments
Apr 18, 2016 – The HbbTV Association has announced the immediate availability of HbbTV 2.0.1. This update of the 2.0 specification adds a small number of features necessary for the broad adoption of HbbTV in Italian and UK markets.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Italy plans to move from DVB-MHP to HbbTV 2.0
Aug 4, 2014 – Italy's Confindustria Radio Televisioni has released a position paper, stating the intention of Italian broadcasters to move from DVB-MHP to HbbTV 2.0 as their preferred digital TV middleware.
News categories: Confindustria Radio Televisioni, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NorDig releases Unified IRD Specification v2.4 and Test Specification v2.2.2
Jan 24, 2013 – Nordig has announced an updated Unified IRD Specification, v2.4, which requires support for MPEG2 SD and MPEG4 HD and replaces MHP with HbbTV as NorDig's selected API. Nordig's test specification has also been updated to v2.2.2.
News categories: Nordig, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DTT receiver sales top 60 million in Italy
May 15, 2012 – According to the May newsletter from Italy's DGTVi, the number of DTT receivers sold in the country since February 2004 exceeded 60 million in March. Of these, 28.2 million were integrated digital TVs with the remaining 32.2 million being set-top boxes.
News categories: DGTVi, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Streaming, Turkey, Ukraine
Italy - March 2011 DTT decoder market
May 20, 2011 – The DGTVi has published its March 2011 report on the digital terrestrial TV (DTT) market in Italy. Sales of DTT IDTVs and set-top boxes totalled 2.8 million in the first quarter of 2011, down from 3.3 million in the same period of 2010.
News categories: DGTVi, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Italy, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service