Ukraine Digital TV News
SWEET TV selects STBs from inext for Ukraine OTT service
Sep 2, 2022 – SWEET TV has selected set-top boxes (STBs) from inext. The partnership started in 2017 when SWEET TV's management contacted ROMSAT, the distributor of inext STBs in Ukraine, to develop a joint product.
News categories: inext, ROMSAT, Sweet TV, Pavel Sidorov, Maksym Schygol, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Ukraine
inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
Jun 6, 2022 – The Inext set-top-box provides Kyivstar TV’s consumers with an easy and affordable way to watch any entertainment content on their TV. Inext TV-X is based on customized Android 10 (AOSP) operating system (OS).
News categories: inext, Kyivstar, Maksym Schygol, Pavel Rybak, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Three million active users for Beeline TV in Russia in 2Q 2021
Aug 30, 2021 – VEON (NASDAQ:VEON; Amsterdam:VEON) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. VEON's digital businesses continued to perform well. Beeline TV in Russia had 3.0 million monthly active users (+24% YoY) in 2Q21.
News categories: VEON, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Results, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, Ukraine
Datagroup to acquire Volia
Dec 22, 2020 – Datagroup has announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire 100% of the Volia group of companies in Ukraine, with the full backing of Horizon Capital's EEGF II fund.
News categories: Volia, Datagroup, Horizon Capital, Anton Dzyubenko, Mykhailo Shelemba, Lenna Koszarny, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Ukraine
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, Ukraine
Media Group Ukraine takes capacity on Eutelsat 9B
Jul 31, 2018 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has signed a contract with Media Group Ukraine for broadcasting services on its EUTELSAT 9B satellite. Media Group Ukraine will broadcast 'Xtra TV', one of the country’s leading pay-TV platforms.
News categories: Eutelsat, Media Group Ukraine, Michel Azibert, Alexey Kurakin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV subscriptions in former European USSR countries reached 53.2m in the first quarter of 2018, a 3% YoY growth. In line with global trends, cable TV is declining in all countries of the region (-2% YoY).
News categories: Dataxis, Armenia, Belarus, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, Georgia, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Moldova, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
Viasat Ukraine to broadcast on ASTRA 4A
Sep 13, 2017 – Viasat Ukraine (Vision TV), the largest DTH operator in Ukraine, will be providing top-quality TV reception to its subscribers using SES Video’s services on ASTRA 4A. Under the agreement with SES, Vision TV will broadcast from 5°East.
News categories: SES S.A, Viasat Ukraine, Norbert Hölzle, Svitlana Mischenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader