Croatia Digital TV News
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
Nov 24, 2021 – Iskon Internet has launched an OTT service in Croatia based on the Beenius Android TV Operator Tier solution. Support from the Beenius team allowed Iskon to start with an IPTV solution and evolve with Android TV to an OTT service.
News categories: Beenius, Iskon, Filip Remškar, Krešimir Madunović, Android TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
United Group to buy majority stake in Optima Telekom
Jul 9, 2021 – United Group has reached a deal with Hrvatski Telekom and Zagrebacka Banka to acquire a majority stake in the Croatian operator Optima Telekom. Optima Telekom has 55,000 pay TV customers.
News categories: Telemach, Optima Telekom, United Group, Adrian Ježina, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
A1 Hrvatska launches personalized TV with Zappware
Aug 31, 2020 – A1 Hrvatska, part of Telekom Austria Group, has launched Zappware’s personalized TV solution in Croatia. The launch of 'A1 XploreTV' follows on from deployments in Bulgaria, Austria and Slovenia.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Hrvatska, Patrick Vos, Ivana Markovic, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Tele2 Croatia sale to United Group completed
Mar 3, 2020 – Tele2 (Stockholm: TEL2 A and TEL2 B) has completed the sale of Tele2 Croatia to United Group. Tele2 intends to distribute the proceeds, along with additional cash available, through an extraordinary dividend.
News categories: Tele2, United Group, Croatia, MandA
Hrvatski Telekom puts shares in Optima Telekom up for sale
Jan 31, 2020 – Hrvatski Telekom (Reuters: HT.ZA; Bloomberg: HT CZ) has announced that, in accordance with the decision of the Croatian Competition Agency, it has started a sale process for all of the shares that it holds in Optima Telekom.
News categories: Hrvatski Telekom, Optima Telekom, Croatia, Digital TV, MandA
ThinkAnalytics selected by Deutsche Telekom
Sep 11, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics is being deployed by Deutsche Telekom for personalized content discovery on its pay-TV and OTT services. First to go live, in July 2019, was Croatia Telecom on its OTT-TV service. Roll-outs in further countries are planned.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Deutsche Telekom, Simon McGrath, Marc Schwarze, Big Data, Croatia, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, UX
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2019. In Germany, 58,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.477 million, an increase of 7.3 percent compared with June 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Croatia TV market at end-1Q 2019
Jun 10, 2019 – The Croatian Regulatory Authority for Network Industries (HAKOM) has reported communications market data for the country to the end of the first quarter of 2019. IPTV remains the leading pay TV platform with over 428,000 subscribers.
News categories: HAKOM, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report