Germany Digital TV News (Digital Fernsehen Nachrichten Deutschland)
Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
Oct 14, 2021 – According to GfK SE, a total of around 4 million TV sets were sold in Germany in the first three quarters of 2021. Of these, around 3.7 million were smart TVs that enable the use of apps or media libraries via HbbTV or the internet.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, ZVEI, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
Oct 13, 2021 – TVSquared has released a report providing a view on converged TV, based on a survey of ad buyers in the U.S., UK, Germany and Australia. The report also analyzes billions of ad impressions from TVSquared’s platform to uncover insights.
News categories: TVSquared, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
Vodafone adds Facebook Watch to STB platform in Europe
Sep 30, 2021 – Vodafone is to add Facebook Watch to Vodafone TV in Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal and Greece, becoming the first pay-TV operator in Europe to offer the service on its set-top boxes.
News categories: Vodafone, Facebook, Alex Froment-Curtil, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
Sep 27, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, in terms of SVOD subscribers, Germany will overtake the UK in 2025. Germany will have 52 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026, with the UK just behind at 51 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
Sep 20, 2021 – smartclip and rlaxx TV have partnered to monetise the linear ad breaks within the rlaxx TV channel offering in Europe. The cooperation will kick off in the UK and Germany, with Spain joining in the next few months.
News categories: smartclip, rlaxx TV, Stephen Byrne, Ronny Lutzi, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Spain, Streaming, UK
Deutsche Telekom offers UEI remote with its Apple TV 4K service
Aug 18, 2021 – As part of its Apple TV 4K service, Deutsche Telekom is offering customers the voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote control designed specifically for MVPDs from Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC).
News categories: Universal Electronics Inc, Deutsche Telekom, Steve Gutman, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
waipu.tv subscribers up 32,900, freenet TV down 160,000 in 2Q 2021
Aug 11, 2021 – freenet [ISIN DE000A0Z2ZZ5] has announced results for the first half and second quarter of 2021. In Q2, its waipu.tv IPTV customer base grew by 32,900, while freenet TV subscribers fell by 160,000.
News categories: freenet, waipu.tv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom TV subscribers up 37,000 in Germany in 2Q 2021
Aug 12, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2021. In Germany, 37,000 new TV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.933 million, an increase of 5.6 percent compared with June 2020.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service