Germany Digital TV News (Digital Fernsehen Nachrichten Deutschland)
Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
Sep 25, 2023 – The District Court of Munich has ruled that Netflix is infringing a Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) patent related to HEVC/H.265 video coding. The court has issued a cease-and-desist injunction.
News categories: Broadcom, Netflix, Mark Terrano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Patent, Semiconductor
Media Broadcast selects full suite of managed services from Irdeto
Sep 14, 2023 – Irdeto has extended its collaboration with Media Broadcast to include a suite of Managed Services designed to unburden TV providers from the complexities of managing underlying infrastructure.
News categories: Irdeto, Media Broadcast, freenet TV, Doug Lowther, Jan Wessels, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
PŸUR TV users benefit from personalization with XroadMedia
Sep 12, 2023 – Tele Columbus has implemented personalization services across its PŸUR TV platform using XroadMedia's Ncanto, ensuring that all relevant content for each user is easily discoverable.
News categories: XroadMedia, Tele Columbus, Adolf Proidl, Markus Oswald, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, UX
glomex selects Axinom DRM to safeguard its videos
Aug 31, 2023 – glomex has chosen Axinom DRM to protect its content. glomex needed a multi-DRM service that offered service flexibility, ensured the protection of premium VoD across devices, and could manage peak demand.
News categories: Axinom, glomex, Johannes Jauch, Deno von Selasinsky, Ioannis Charkiotakis, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Pay TV and paid video content revenues in Germany rose again in 2022
Aug 31, 2023 – According to VAUNET, in 2022, revenues for pay TV and paid VOD in Germany rose by nearly 5% to €4.9 billion. Looking ahead, VAUNET projects an 8% growth for 2023 to €5.3 billion.
News categories: VAUNET, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Streaming, Switzerland, TV Services
TOGGO & 3SS launch kids video app on Android Automotive OS
Jul 26, 2023 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that SUPER RTL Fernsehen has launched the world's first kids-only native video app on Android Automotive OS, with a UI/UX engineered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, SUPER RTL Fernsehen, Tomasz Dzikowski, Robert Dube, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2023, In-Car, Streaming
Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
Jun 1, 2023 – Qvest is providing the European League of Football with a full-service FAST channel playout solution, powering up the American Football experience with its cloud-based product makalu.
News categories: Qvest, European League of Football, Frank Mistol, Zeljko Karajica, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
May 23, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Tele Columbus has selected NAGRA as its solution provider and prime integrator to launch its new hybrid cable and multiscreen solution, PŸUR TV.
News categories: NAGRA, Tele Columbus, 3SS, Sagemcom, Nancy Goldberg, Markus Oswald, Stefan Blickensdoerfer, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029