Germany Digital TV News (Digital Fernsehen Nachrichten Deutschland)
Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Dec 8, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has launched in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, following the launch of the service in France on December 1st, completing a year of global expansion with the service now live in 45 markets.
News categories: Paramount+, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
Nov 29, 2022 – Deltatre has been selected by Dyn Media to build its new OTT service aimed at sports fans across Germany and the wider DACH region. The streaming platform is due to launch in Summer 2023.
News categories: Deltatre, Dyn Media, Gilles Mas, Andreas Heyden, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
Zattoo app comes to VIDAA-based Hisense and Loewe TVs
Nov 15, 2022 – With the Zattoo app now being available on Hisense and Loewe TV devices running the VIDAA operating system, Zattoo is closing one of the last gaps in the market for access to its service in the DACH region.
News categories: Zattoo, VIDAA, Loewe, Constanze Gilles, Denis Oštir, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Smart TV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere, TV OS
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
holoride in-car entertainment platform launches on select Audi models
Nov 2, 2022 – holoride has announced the release of its platform for select Audi vehicles in Germany from mid-November. The add-on package provides a variety of games and apps that all use live ride info to bring content to life in a new media paradigm.
News categories: holoride, Audi, Nils Wollny, Giorgio Delucchi, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Metaverse
TCL introduces Smart TVs with Fire TV built-in
Oct 27, 2022 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced a strategic agreement with Amazon to build a series of smart TVs with Fire TV built-in. TCL will launch the 4K QLED smart TVs in Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK.
News categories: TCL Electronics, Amazon, Frédéric Langin, Eric Saarnio, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS, UK
Audio and audiovisual media revenues in Germany to exceed €15 billion
Oct 19, 2022 – This year, the total turnover of the audio and audiovisual media in Germany is expected to rise slightly by 2.5% and exceed €15 billion for the first time (2021: €14.8 billion), according to VAUNET.
News categories: VAUNET, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, TV Services
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media into the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM