Germany Digital TV News (Digital Fernsehen Nachrichten Deutschland)
Deutsche Telekom Smart Speaker Mini powered by SoftAtHome
Jun 18, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced that it is powering the Smart Speaker Mini deployed by Deutsche Telekom in Germany. The Smart Speaker enables users to enjoy voice control of all their Deutsche Telekom connected devices.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Deutsche Telekom, David Viret-Lange, Dr. Mirko Knoll, Germany, Middleware, Smart Home
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
Joyn chooses Mixpanel for user analytics
May 7, 2020 – German streaming service, Joyn, has selected Mixpanel to analyze user behavior. Mixpanel's product analytics allows teams to analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and remain in real-time across devices to improve user experience.
News categories: Mixpanel, Joyn, Neil Rahilly, Christoph Wiese, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, QoE
SUPER RTL launches TOGGO Fire TV app with 3SS
Apr 17, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced being selected by Germany’s SUPER RTL for the launch of TOGGO, its AVOD kids’ service. By taking advantage of the 3SS 3READY Framework, the initial phase of the TOGGO rollout was completed within six months.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, SUPER RTL, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
Apr 8, 2020 – Synamedia has secured a contract with Vodafone Group to provide video platform, security and integration services. The deal supprts Vodafone's vision of a global cloud TV platform running on the operator's Gigabit infrastructure.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Yves Padrines, Tanja Richter, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Kantar releases Entertainment On Demand survey results
Mar 4, 2020 – Kantar's Entertainment On Demand service is designed to help understand the consumer journey for subscription services. It shows that in the U.S. subscription fatigue is not yet a major phenomenon in the video industry.
News categories: Kantar, Dominic Sunnebo, Read Cundiff, Australia, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
German video entertainment market approaching €10 billion in 2020
Mar 3, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, 2019 was a defining year for the German TV and video market, with mass market resistance to premium digital video finally falling away and paving the way for next month’s launch of Disney+.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
Dec 5, 2019 – Fincons Group has joined Deutsche TV-Plattform, the German non-profit association whose purpose, since its foundation in 1990, is to introduce, disseminate and further develop digital Television in Germany.
News categories: Fincons Group, Deutsche TV-Plattform, Michele Moretti, Andre Prahl, Germany, HbbTV
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert