Finance (M&A, results, venture capital, private equity, …) News
Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
Mar 20, 2023 – Netgem has confirmed that the sale of its La Fibre Videofutur business to Nordnet will take effect on 1st April 2023. The transfer of the subscribers will be carried out without impact on the TV service operated by Netgem.
News categories: Netgem, Nordnet, Mathias HAUTEFORT, Jean-François BRAEMS, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, MandA
EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
Mar 21, 2023 – Liberty Global Belgium has announced that it is intending to launch a takeover bid for all the shares of Telenet Group Holding that it does not already own or that are not held by Telenet.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Aferian provides trading update
Mar 10, 2023 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has provided an update on current trading and its impact on the company's outlook. For Amino, device sales have been materially lower than anticipated.
News categories: Aferian, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VIZIO reports Q4 2022 results
Feb 28, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2022. The company reported that there are now 17.4 million SmartCast Active Accounts, up 15% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Viu continues robust growth in subscriptions and digital advertising
Feb 27, 2023 – In the financial results announced by PCCW (SEHK:0008) Viu continued to show strong growth with monthly active users (MAU) up 13% YoY to 66.4 million and paid subscribers up 45% to 12.2 million.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 1.1 million DTC subscribers in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022. Global DTC subscribers increased 1.1 million to 96.1 million at the end of Q4 versus 95.0 million subscribers at the end of Q3.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
OTE Group TV subscribers up 18,492 YoY at end-4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – OTE Group (ASE: HTO; OTC MARKET: HLTOY) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. OTE's TV subscriber base reached 643k at the end of 2022, an increase of 3.0% compared to 2021.
News categories: OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Multichoice, NBCUniversal and Sky to create streaming service for Africa
Mar 2, 2023 – MultiChoice (JSE: MCG), NBCUniversal and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced a partnership that will bring Showmax streaming to MultiChoice's 50-market footprint in sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, NBCUniversal, Sky, Calvo Mawela, Matt Strauss, Dana Strong, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania