Finance (M&A, results, venture capital, private equity, …) News
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Poland
Cogeco rejects takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers
Sep 3, 2020 – Cogeco (TSX: CGO) and Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) have announced that the independent members of their boards have rejected the unsolicited, non-binding takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers Communications.
News categories: Cogeco, Altice USA, Rogers, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
InfoSum raises $15.1 million in Series A funding
Sep 1, 2020 – InfoSum has completed its Series A funding round, raising $15.1 million. The investment is led by Upfront Ventures and IA Ventures and supported by strategic partners Ascential, Akamai, Experian, ITV and AT&T's Xandr.
News categories: InfoSum, Nick Halstead, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Oi investigates sale of its pay TV business
Aug 31, 2020 – Oi S.A. has informed its shareholders and the market in general, that it has initiated a market sounding process to prospect investors interested in acquiring its pay TV business.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Satellite
Liberty Global publishes offer prospectus for Sunrise Communications
Aug 27, 2020 – UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK), has published the Offer Prospectus for its tender for all publicly held shares of Sunrise Communications Group (SIX Swiss Exchange: SRCG).
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
ITV invests in Infosum-owner Cognitive Logic
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV has agreed to invest $1.375 million (c. £1 million) in cash for a minority shareholding in Cognitive Logic, the 100% owner of InfoSum. InfoSum, which is a commercial partner of ITV, is a data infrastructure business.
News categories: ITV plc, InfoSum, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, UK
ITV invests in BritBox Australia
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV SVOD Australia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITV plc, has agreed to invest AUD 17.7 million in The BritBox Australia Partnership over a period of three years. BBC Studios will be providing equal funding.
News categories: ITV plc, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
Aug 12, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that, in agreement with Sunrise Communications Group (SIX: SRCG), it will make an all cash public tender offer for the shares of Sunrise.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers