Private Equity News
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
Sep 26, 2022 – Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA) has announced the signing of an agreement to divest its Digital Testing business to Stirling Square Capital Partners for €220m on a cash and debt free basis.
News categories: Eurofins, Stirling Square, Dr Gilles Martin, Digital TV, Private Equity, QoE, Worldwide
Friend MTS receives investment from private equity firm NorthEdge
Sep 6, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced a significant investment by private equity firm NorthEdge. The investment will enable Friend MTS to expand its portfolio of video content security SaaS solutions and deliver technology to its core markets of sports and media.
News categories: Friend MTS, NorthEdge, Jonathan Friend, Jon Pickering, Content Protection, Digital TV, Private Equity, Worldwide
Vewd receives approval for financial restructuring
Feb 1, 2022 – Vewd Software has announced the U.S. Bankruptcy Court's approval of its Plan of Reorganization. The restructuring will eliminate the vast majority of Vewd’s debt and position Vewd for long-term growth.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, Private Equity, USA, Worldwide
JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
Jun 24, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it has raised $100M in Series E funding from LLR Partners. The latest investment comes on the heels of record video streaming growth and strong profitability during the previous 12 months.
News categories: JW Player, LLR Partners, Dave Otten, David Reuter, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Innovid receives $30 million in funding from Goldman Sachs
Jan 7, 2019 – Innovid has announced that it has secured $30 million in pre-IPO funding from Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. Innovid will use the additional capital to further its innovation and leadership in the connected TV advertising technology market.
News categories: Innovid, Goldman Sachs, Zvika Netter, Hillel Moerman, Advertising, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Accedo raises $17m in growth capital
Jan 3, 2019 – Accedo has revealed that it has raised $17M in equity to further drive its growth over the coming years. This round of financing was led by SEB Private Equity, a Stockholm based private equity team and already an investor in Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, SEB Private Equity, Michael Lantz, Magnus Ramström, CES2023, Digital TV, Private Equity, UX, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cross MediaWorks Launches one2one Media
Apr 3, 2017 – Cross MediaWorks has announced that it has launched one2one Media. This new company will provide a neutral and scalable addressable video business for agencies and advertisers, in partnership with MVPDs.
News categories: one2one Media, Cross MediaWorks, Lee Equity Partners, Michael Bologna, Jamie Power, Nick Troiano, Barry Baker, Advertising, Private Equity, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution