USA (United States of America) Digital TV News
Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
Oct 19, 2021 – According to Deloitte, media companies are trying to retain paid subscribers on their streaming video services. But they also compete with social media and gaming, which offer both entertainment and social interaction.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Jana Arbanas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, USA
RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
Oct 18, 2021 – COMSovereign Holding (NASDAQ: COMS) has announced that its RF Engineering & Energy Resource (RFE) unit has received Google Android TV Operator Tier certification for its new IPTV device.
News categories: RFE, Thomas Mansfield, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
Oct 19, 2021 – Disney+ and VIDAA have announced that Disney+ will be coming soon to VIDAA Smart OS-powered Hisense and Toshiba smart TVs with the latest firmware version. VIDAA Smart OS is a Linux-based open smart TV operating system.
News categories: VIDAA, Disney+, Hisense, Guy Edri, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
Oct 18, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have made a deal for the continued distribution of ViacomCBS' broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks to Altice's Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Altice USA, Ray Hopkins, Yossi Benchetrit, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
Oct 14, 2021 – Resonate has issued research on the streaming media behaviors of American TV consumers. According to data from its Ignite platform, 82% of U.S. consumers now watch some form of OTT content, with only 55% still watching cable TV.
News categories: Resonate, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2021 – Discovery, Inc. and LG Electronics USA have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. including LG's line-up of award-winning LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Peggy Ang, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
Oct 13, 2021 – TVSquared has released a report providing a view on converged TV, based on a survey of ad buyers in the U.S., UK, Germany and Australia. The report also analyzes billions of ad impressions from TVSquared’s platform to uncover insights.
News categories: TVSquared, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
Oct 12, 2021 – LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) has added streaming inventory forecasting and data collaboration to its TV platform enabling media sellers and advertisers to collaborate, activate, and quantify media campaigns across all TV inventory.
News categories: LiveRamp, Jay Prasad, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil