USA (United States of America) Digital TV News
Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
Nov 29, 2023 – US cable and satellite pay-TV services are set to face subscription declines in the coming years as their remaining viewers increasingly shift to OTT streaming services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
Nov 21, 2023 – Go Addressable has been incorporated as a non-profit trade organization, comprising a4 Advertising, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, DIRECTV Advertising, DISH Media and Paramount Advertising.
News categories: Go Addressable, Paramount, Larry Allen, Maribel Becker, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 465,000 subscribers in 3Q 2023
Nov 14, 2023 – Leichtman Research Grouphas found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 465,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2023, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 385,000 in 3Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Sencore ARD 3000 receivers gain ATSC 3.0 A3SA DRM support
Nov 16, 2023 – Sencore has announced an update to its ARD 3000 professional receiver decoders, available in version 1.17.0 of the software, that introduces robust descrambling support for ATSC 3.0 A3SA DRM.
News categories: Sencore, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Software, USA
Over half of U.S. consumers now solely stream content
Nov 16, 2023 – According to Inscape's Q3 2023 TV Market Trends report, in Q3 2023, 94% of total streaming time was driven by viewers who only (64.6%) or mostly (29%) streamed on their smart TVs.
News categories: Inscape, Ken Norcross, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, TV Services, USA
Nokia takes legal action against Amazon for patent infringement
Oct 31, 2023 – Nokia has said that it has commenced legal action against Amazon for the unauthorized use of its video-related technologies in Amazon Prime Video and Amazon streaming devices.
News categories: Nokia, Amazon, Digital TV, Europe, India, Patent, USA
Sharp launches world's first OLED 4K UHD Roku TV models
Nov 15, 2023 – Sharp has announced availability of a lineup of Sharp Roku TV OLED 4K UHD with HDR10 and LCD 4K UHD TVs as part of its return to the U.S. television market.
News categories: Sharp, Roku, Jim Sanduski, Peter Weedfald, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Xperi signs fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Nov 13, 2023 – In its 3rd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced that it has signed a fourth Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and that Vestel is now shipping TiVo-powered Smart TVs under the JVC brand.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 64,000 in 3Q 2023
Nov 6, 2023 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2023. Net pay-TV subscribers decreased 64,000 in the quarter, compared to an increase of 30,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024