USA (United States of America) Digital TV News
WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
Jan 26, 2022 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported fourth-quarter 2021 results. At the end of the period, WarnerMedia had 73.8 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers, up 13.1 million YoY and 4.3 million sequentially, driven by international as well as domestic gains.
News categories: AT&T, WarnerMedia, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
Jan 26, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has introduced a suite of guaranteed outcome-based media offerings, through which advertisers only pay for connected TV (CTV) ads when they meet specified performance goals, independently validated using third-party data.
News categories: LG Ads, Raghu Kodige, Huw Griffiths, Keith Camoosa, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
Jan 26, 2022 – Vecima Networks (TSX: VCM) has announced that Breezeline has selected its MediaScaleX unified video delivery solution to accelerate next-generation video experiences for new and existing Breezeline subscribers.
News categories: Vecima Networks, TiVo, Breezeline, Dan Gledhill, Jeff Glahn, Heather McCallion, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
Jan 24, 2022 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has announced a partnership with Nreal to bring three of Cinedigm's channels to Nreal's newly introduced AR 'TV' app on a virtual HD screen of up to 220 inches provided by the Nreal Light AR glasses.
News categories: Cinedigm, Nreal, Tony Huidor, Peng Jin, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, VR
NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
Jan 25, 2022 – Television stations in Green Bay, Wisconsin have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV, powered by ATSC 3.0. The launch includes WBAY-TV (ABC), WFRV-TV (CBS), WLUK-TV (FOX), WGBA-TV (NBC) and WCWF (CW).
News categories: BitPath, Scripps, Nexstar, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
Jan 25, 2022 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported fourth-quarter 2021 results. Consumer reported 51,000 Fios Internet net additions and 69,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, USA
Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
Jan 21, 2022 – Evoca is expanding to bring Altitude Sports and 60 other TV channels to Denver and across the Front Range. In addition, subscribers will have access to Evoca Replay, providing viewers with access to full recordings of games they may have missed.
News categories: Evoca, Altitude Sports, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
Jan 20, 2022 – VIZIO has announced that SLING TV is now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs. SmartCast users across America can access the SLING app to watch the live content they love, plus over 150,000 on demand shows and movies.
News categories: VIZIO, SLING TV, Katherine Pond, Seth Van Sickel, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
Jan 18, 2022 – Breezeline (Cogeco US) has launched Breezeline Stream TV, a cloud-based TV service that integrates live TV, DVR, on-demand and streaming apps for viewing devices inside and outside the home via a single, easy-to-use interface.
News categories: Breezeline, Heather McCallion, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market