Venture Capital (VC) News
Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
Mar 26, 2020 – Wicket Labs has announced further funding from their current investor base. The $1.9m will accelerate the enhancement of Wicket Scorecard, the company's audience insights platform for media and entertainment companies.
News categories: Wicket Labs, WestRiver Group, Marty Roberts, Anthony Bontrager, Angela Cannon, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Venture Capital
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
iflix secures new round of funding
Jul 22, 2019 – iflix has announced the finalisation of a round of investment ahead of its prospective IPO. The round was cornerstoned by Fidelity International. iflix also added media companies MNC, Yoshimoto Kogyo and JTBC to the register.
News categories: iflix, Patrick Grove, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Sky participates in You.i TV Series C funding round
May 9, 2019 – Sky has invested in You.i TV. The investment is part of the larger You.i TV Series C funding announced in November 2018, and displays Sky’s commitment to backing innovative companies that help connect consumers to content they want to watch.
News categories: You.i TV, NOW TV, Sky, Jason Flick, David Beazley, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
VideoAmp raises $70 million in new funding
May 1, 2019 – VideoAmp has announced that it has raised $70 million in new funding led by The Raine Group. The Raine Group invested $50 million in this growth round of financing, with Ankona Capital contributing an additional $20 million.
News categories: VideoAmp, The Raine Group, Ankona Capital, Ross McCray, Erik Hodge, Peter Liguori, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Venture Capital
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform