Japan Digital TV News
Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
Dec 3, 2020 – Vewd has announced support for Broadcast Markup Language (BML) and Hybridcast in Vewd Core. Vewd Core with BML and Hybridcast provides devices with a unified OTT and hybrid TV environment ready for the Japanese market.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Smart TV, UX
ACCESS announces BML browser on Android for cars
Nov 2, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced an enhancement to its NetFront Browser BML Edition for cars that extends support to Android. Broadcast Markup Language (BML) is essential for delivering interactive and TV services to the car in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Middleware
Discovery selects Magnite to strengthen DTC advertising proposition
Sep 29, 2020 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has announced an expanded relationship with Discovery in support of its leading real life entertainment streaming service, dplay platform, to maximise programmatic advertising capabilities.
News categories: Magnite, Discovery, James Brown, Alex Hodge, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Japan, UK
Asia Pacific to add 200 million SVOD subscribers
Sep 7, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific will have 467 million SVOD subscriptions in 2025, up from 267 million in 2019. China will contribute 279 million SVOD subscriptions in 2025 – 60% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Australia, China, Digital TV, India, Japan, Korea, Market Research, OTT
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
Jul 29, 2020 – KDDI has selected the VisualOn Media Player to power playback on its au Smart Pass service. Subscribers can now experience the highest quality video, including multiple synchronized streams, on the Smart Pass app.
News categories: VisualOn, KDDI, Michael Jones, Takahiro Oono, Apps, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, Mobile
Pay TV revenue in Japan to grow at 1.9% CAGR over next five years
Jul 24, 2020 – Japan’s total pay-TV services revenue is set to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% during 2019-2024, increasing from $8.9bn in 2019 to $9.8bn in 2024, according to revised pay-TV forecasts from GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite
LiveU selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over 5G
Apr 27, 2020 – LiveU technology has been selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over its newly-launched 5G network. DOCOMO will promote a variety of LiveU’s HEVC bonding transmission products bundled with its 5G and 4G connectivity.
News categories: LiveU, NTT DOCOMO, Yaal Eshel, Takeshi Funakoshi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
Mar 23, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific pay TV sector is the most vibrant in the world, with the number of subscribers expected to grow by 45 million over the next five years while revenues increase by $1.40 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, China, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Market Research
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia