Japan Digital TV News
Adoption of streaming in Japan driven by ad-supported content
Jul 11, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has unveiled research showing that in Japan adoption of streaming services is driven by the popularity of ad-supported content, with 71% of TV viewers watching such services.
News categories: Magnite, Ken Harada, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Japan to exceed $130bn in 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2022-2027, mainly supported by the mobile data and fixed broadband segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Japan, Market Research, Mobile
J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
Jan 27, 2023 – Qwilt has announced that J:COM has transformed its video delivery network using Qwilt's Open Caching solution, boosting its network capacity and improving delivery of live streaming, VoD and media applications.
News categories: Qwilt, J:COM, Alon Maor, Jiro Inoue, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, QoE, Streaming
Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
Jan 19, 2023 – Amazon and DAZN have agreed a distribution partnership that will see DAZN's sports streaming service available as a Prime Video Channel, initially launching in Spain and Germany, with Japan next and more markets to follow.
News categories: DAZN, Prime Video, Shay Segev, Jay Marine, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Spain, Streaming
JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
Dec 7, 2022 – Cisco and Qwilt have announced a partnership with Japan Internet Exchange (JPIX) to improve delivery of live streaming, VOD, and media applications across Japan using Qwilt's open caching technology.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, JPIX, J-Stream, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Ryosuke Yamazoe, Mayumi Hayasaka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
JPIX and Qwilt partner on streaming media delivery in Japan
Nov 15, 2022 – Qwilt has announced a partnership with Japan Internet Exchange (JPIX) to improve the quality and delivery capacity of live streaming, VOD and media applications across Japan using Qwilt's open caching technology.
News categories: Qwilt, JPIX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
Japan multi-play revenues to increase at 7% CAGR over 2021-2026
Oct 18, 2022 – According to GlobalData, multi-play revenues in Japan are set to increase at a CAGR of 7% from $32.5 billion in 2021 to $45.6 billion in 2026, driven by strong demand for blended services and growth in the number of multi-play households.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
Sep 28, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Japan is expected to increase at a CAGR of 10.1% from $4.5 billion in 2022 to $7.3 billion in 2027, driven by the strong growth in subscriptions and households, and a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126