Korea Digital TV News
LG announces organizational restructuring
Nov 24, 2023 – To strengthen LG's smart TV operating system, a webOS SW Development Group will be established with direct reporting to the president of the group's Home Entertainment Company.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Sinclair, CAST.ERA and RAPA announce ATSC 3.0 DDaaS agreement
Oct 27, 2023 – Sinclair has agreed an MOU with RAPA and CAST.ERA to enhance ATSC 3.0 services between Korea and the U.S. and expand the DDaaS (Data Distribution as a Service) platform globally.
News categories: Sinclair, RAPA, CAST.ERA, Del Parks, Song Jung-su, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, USA
LG Channels 3.0 delivers upgraded user experience with new UI
Sep 19, 2023 – LG has introduced LG Channels 3.0, the latest version of its streaming service, featuring a new UI with improved navigation, more engaging placements for content discovery, and an enhanced channel guide.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX, Worldwide
Multiplay in South Korea to generate revenue of $6.6bn in 2027
Jun 30, 2023 – South Korea's multiplay service revenue is projected to experience a gradual yet consistent growth, climbing from $6.1 billion in 2022 to $6.6 billion in 2027, says GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research
Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
Jun 7, 2023 – Samsung's Exynos Auto V920 processor has been selected to power Hyundai Motor's IVI systems. The V920 enables display of driving information, as well as seamless playback of video content and games.
News categories: Samsung, Hyundai Motor, Jae Geol Pyee, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
May 24, 2023 – According to GlobalData, pay-TV revenue in South Korea is set to grow at a CAGR of 0.2% from $5.55bn in 2022 to $5.6bn in 2027, primarily supported by increasing IPTV subscriptions.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 automotive services with Hyundai Mobis
Nov 14, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into an MOU with Hyundai Mobis to collaborate on the development and implementation of ATSC 3.0-enabled automotive business models in both Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair, Hyundai Mobis, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, USA
Saankhya Labs' SDR chipset powers ATSC designs from ADTH
Oct 19, 2022 – Saankhya Labs (BSE: 540595) (NSE: TEJASNET) has announced that ADTH has launched a series of NEXTGEN ATSC designs, powered by Saankhya's SL3000 SDR-based ATSC 3.0/1.0 demodulator chipset.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ADTH, Tolka, Vivek Kimbahune, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
Sep 27, 2022 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications has announced that TV5MONDE has selected AsiaSat 5 to distribute TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to serve audiences in regions of North East Asia and Oceania.
News categories: AsiaSat, TV5MONDE, Ina Lui, Alexandre Muller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Oceania, Satellite
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024