North America Digital TV News
Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
Sep 26, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced Rabbit AI, a mobile feature powered by ChatGPT-4 that offers viewers a new way to navigate the platform and discover movies and TV shows.
News categories: Tubi, Blake Bassett, Big Data, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Streaming, UX
TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
Sep 26, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) has found that the average number of streaming services used by consumers in the US and Canada decreased from 11.6 in Q4 2022 to 10.9 in Q2 2023.
News categories: TiVo, Scott Maddux, Advertising, Broadcast, Canada, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
Sep 26, 2023 – Roku has revealed the results of its annual Canadian VOD survey. Streaming is now the most popular TV source, with ad-supported TV increasing exponentially in the last year alone.
News categories: Roku, Christina Summers, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
Sep 20, 2023 – OpenAP has announced that the U.S. Joint Industry Committee (JIC) has granted conditional certification to Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp as part of its currency certification efforts.
News categories: OpenAP, Comscore, iSpot, VideoAmp, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
Sep 21, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its solution was used in the first U.S. transmission of a 5G signal over a licensed broadcast facility, in a proof of concept of 5G Broadcast to the FCC.
News categories: Ateme, Qualcomm, XGen Network, Mickaël Raulet, Lorenzo Casaccia, Frank Copsidas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
Sep 20, 2023 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a range of updates to its Fire TV family, introducing voice search with generative AI, upgrades to the Fire TV Ambient Experience, and more powerful Fire TV Sticks.
News categories: Amazon, Tapas Roy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
Sep 14, 2023 – TCL has announced pricing and availability for the first TCL televisions in the U.S. with Fire TV built in. The TCL Q and S Class models with Fire TV also include a Voice Remote with Alexa.
News categories: TCL, Amazon, Chris Hamdorf, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
Sep 16, 2023 – TSTT has selected Zappware's NEXX 5 product suite to replace its legacy client. NEXX 5 features a UX multi-screen client framework and scalable back-office tools.
News categories: Zappware, TSTT, Ives Decraene, Lisa Agard, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
iSpot acquires 605 to expand TV measurement market share
Sep 13, 2023 – iSpot.tv has announced the acquisition of 605, adding set-top box data from 16.6 million homes to its smart TV data footprint, bolstering its measurement solutions for video and TV advertising.
News categories: iSpot, 605, Sean Muller, Kristin Dolan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029