North America Digital TV News
NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
Mar 23, 2023 – Television stations serving the Rochester market have began broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WHAM-TV (ABC), WROC-TV (CBS), WUHF (Fox), and WXXI-TV (PBS).
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
Mar 22, 2023 – The FCC has proposed requiring cable operators and DBS providers to clearly specify the 'all-in' price for video programming service in their promotional materials and on subscribers' bills.
News categories: FCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, USA
Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
Mar 23, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced new planning tools and partnerships enabling brands to capitalize on Tubi's audience via enhanced forecasting, identity and currency options.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
Mar 22, 2023 – As the number of Fire TV devices sold passes 200 million globally, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the expansion of its Amazon-built TV series and their availability in more countries.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Germany, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS, UK, USA, Worldwide
VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
Mar 21, 2023 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has selected Whip Media to help manage ad revenue reporting for WatchFree+, its FAST service. VIZIO will use Whip Media's platform to calculate ad revenue royalties for its content partners.
News categories: Whip Media, VIZIO, Vince Muscarella, Adam Townsend, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
Mar 16, 2023 – Breezeline has launched its next generation of TV, Breezeline Stream TV, in its Pennsylvania service areas, making it easier for customers to view their programming on the screen of their choice.
News categories: Breezeline, Heather McCallion, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
Mar 18, 2023 – The SES-18 and SES-19 satellites were launched on March 17th as part of the FCC's program to clear C-band spectrum in support of the deployment of 5G services across the contiguous U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
Mar 14, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds two-thirds of U.S. Netflix buyers view the service as indispensable, with more than half of subscribers considering Hulu and Disney+ to be essential.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
Mar 10, 2023 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is partnering with Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) to provide its first-party data for targeting and measurement. Best Buy will also give shoppers exclusive access to Roku-branded TVs.
News categories: Roku, Best Buy, Julian Mintz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics