Caribbean Digital TV News
Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
Jan 18, 2023 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has announced the adoption of ATSC 3.0 as the standard for free-to-air digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, Trinidad and Tobago
TEMPO Networks launches streaming service powered by TVCoins
Dec 22, 2022 – TVCoins has announced a partnership with TEMPO Networks, the latest channel to leverage the company's white-label video streaming platform for mobile devices and connected TV.
News categories: TVCoins, TEMPO Networks, Gustavo Marra, Frederick A. Morton, Jr, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
Sep 8, 2022 – Digicel and mediaClass have launched OTT TV and IPTV services in 17 countries across Digicel's Caribbean region. The service will use mediaClass' multi-tenant features, providing OTT and IPTV channels in territories across the region.
News categories: mediaClass, Digicel, Dr. Arjang Zadeh, Gyorgy Zsembery, Android TV, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
C&W brings Paramount+ to Flow and BTC subscribers in the Caribbean
Mar 28, 2022 – Paramount+ has announced an alliance with C&W Communications to bring its premium content exclusively to subscribers of Flow and BTC video services in more than 15 new markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: C&W Communications, Paramount+, Britta Reinhardt, Eduardo Lebrija, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Streaming
Agama and Divitel expand QA and monitoring services at Digicel
Mar 10, 2022 – Agama has announced that, in partnership with Divitel, the Digicel Group will deploy Agama's monitoring solution for quality assurance of the OTT head-end in its video delivery network, monitoring both unicast and multicast streams.
News categories: Agama, Divitel, Digicel, Mikael Dahlgren, Hans Kornmann, Asia, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, QoE, Streaming
Television Jamaica goes live with Comark end-to-end ATSC 3.0 solution
Feb 15, 2022 – COMARK has announced that Television Jamaica (TVJ) is on the air with a fully integrated ATSC 3.0 solution from COMARK. COMARK delivered an air-cooled UHF transmitter system along with a transmit antenna for the initial OTA service in Kingston.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Television Jamaica, Joe Turbolski, Michael P. Henlin, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
Television Jamaica to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 24, 2022 – Television Jamaica (TVJ) has been accepted as a full member of ATSC. The membership is one of many moves that the station is undertaking as it embarks on a transition from analogue to the digital ATSC 3.0 transmission.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Television Jamaica, Madeleine Noland, Claire Grant, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
Dec 6, 2021 – The Broadcasting Commission is reminding the public that the Digital Television Switchover (DSO) in Jamaica will get underway in 2022, with completion expected by 2023. Broadcasters will use the ATSC 3.0 digital standard of broadcasting.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars