Caribbean Digital TV News
Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
Nov 11, 2019 – Beenius has signed a reseller agreement with TVC Communications (TVC) to sell products in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) markets. TVC will sell all Beenius technologies and provide support in the CALA region.
News categories: Beenius, TVC Communications, Martin Žorž, Ken Olsen, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Amplia, Zappware and XroadMedia deliver personal TV in the Caribbean
Sep 11, 2019 – Amplia has chosen XroadMedia to deliver personalized user experiences to consumers across the Caribbean. Amplia is using XroadMedia’s Ncanto solution, which is pre-integrated and delivered via the Nexx 4.0 platform from Zappware.
News categories: XroadMedia, Zappware, Amplia, Adolf Proidl, Laurent Van Tornhout, Lisa Agard, Big Data, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
SFR STBs first in France to integrate Amazon Prime Video
Aug 27, 2019 – Altice Europe is to make Amazon Prime Video available to its SFR customers in France. SFR will be the first of Altice operations and the first operator in France to announce the Prime Video app within its LaBox SFR Fibre, SFR Box Plus and SFR Box 8 set-top boxes.
News categories: Altice, Prime Video, Alain Weill, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, OTT, Portugal, Set Top Box
Ultra DTH chooses Eutelsat for Caribbean / Andean pay TV
Jul 31, 2019 – Ultra DTH has signed a multi-transponder agreement with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for capacity on EUTELSAT 65 West A to support the launch of a white label DTH platform across the Caribbean and the Andean region using the satellite's Ku-band coverage.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ultra DTH, Mike Antonovich, Ricardo Dias, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Nordija and EKT deploy pre-integrated solution in Trinidad & Tobago
Jul 1, 2019 – EKT, together with Nordija, has announced the deployment of a pre-integrated DVB/IP Hybrid solution for Airlink in Trinidad & Tobago. EKT’s LinuxTV platform provided the basis on top of which Nordija delivered the user experience.
News categories: Nordija, EKT, Airlink, Jeroen van Vliet, Richard Smith, Keenan Singh, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
Liberty Latin America to acquire controlling stake in UTS
Mar 26, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has agreed to acquire 87.5% of United Telecommunication Services (UTS), which provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, United Telecommunication Services, Balan Nair, Broadband, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile
TiVo announces metadata deal with Sky Mexico
Feb 20, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Sky Mexico is to use TiVo as the primary metadata provider for its next-generation platform. The agreement enables Sky Mexico to consolidate its metadata rather than relying on multiple vendors.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Sky Mexico, Karl Misling, Big Data, Central America, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Satellite
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware