Central America Digital TV News
C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
Sep 15, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that its 49%-owned subsidiary Cable & Wireless Panamá has agreed to acquire América Móvil's operations in Panama (Claro Panamá).
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Claro Panamá, Balan Nair, MandA, Panama
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Liberty Latin America receives authorization to acquire Telefónica Costa Rica
Aug 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) and Telefónica Costa Rica have received authorization from the Costa Rican President for the sale of Telefónica's operations in Costa Rica to Liberty Latin America's subsidiary, Cabletica.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Telefónica Costa Rica, Cabletica, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
Jul 30, 2020 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Telefónica's wireless operations in Costa Rica. Telefónica is Costa Rica’s second largest mobile provider.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Telefónica, Balan Nair, Costa Rica, MandA, Mobile
Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
Jul 9, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Flynet, an ISP in El Salvador, is using its multi-DRM for content protection. Using the solution, Flynet can securely deliver live OTT channels to subscribers on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Flynet, Carlos Ramos, Alexander Gomez, Digital TV, DRM, El Salvador, Streaming
Millicom terminates Telefónica Costa Rica purchase agreement
May 2, 2020 – Millicom International Cellular has announced that it has exercised its right to terminate the Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) for the acquisition of Telefónica’s operating subsidiary in Costa Rica in accordance with the terms of the SPA.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Costa Rica, MandA, Mobile
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Costa Rica TV subscriptions up 6.2% in 2018
Aug 1, 2019 – Costa Rica's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUTEL) has releases statistics for the country's telecoms market in 2018. Costa Rica finished 2018 with 884,000 pay TV subscribers. The market grew by 52,000 (6.2%) over the year.
News categories: SUTEL, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030