Panama Digital TV News
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
Sep 15, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that its 49%-owned subsidiary Cable & Wireless Panamá has agreed to acquire América Móvil's operations in Panama (Claro Panamá).
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Claro Panamá, Balan Nair, MandA, Panama
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MandA, Nicaragua, Panama
Millicom acquires Cable Onda in Panama
Oct 8, 2018 – Millicom has announced that it is acquiring a controlling 80% stake in Cable Onda, a cable and telecommunications service provider in Panama. The transaction values 100% of Cable Onda at an enterprise value of $1,460 million, with a cash consideration of approximately $1,002 million.
News categories: Millicom, Cable Onda, Mauricio Ramos, Nicolás Gonzalez Revilla, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Panama
Cable Onda soon to launch TiVo Gateway DVR
May 15, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Cable Onda will soon offer its customers the latest TiVo Gateway DVR. With the DVR, customers in Panama will have access to a multiroom solution that complements Cable Onda’s TV offerings with OTT content.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Cable Onda, Michael Hawkey, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box
Cable Onda employs Elemental solutions to power unified headend
Feb 9, 2017 – Elemental has announced that it will power a unified video headend built by Cable Onda. Elemental will facilitate a consistent user experience across Cable Onda broadband networks as well as help Cable Onda provide consumers with access to catch up-TV, networked PVR applications and VOD services.
News categories: Cable Onda, Elemental, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022