Costa Rica Digital TV News
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Liberty Latin America receives authorization to acquire Telefónica Costa Rica
Aug 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) and Telefónica Costa Rica have received authorization from the Costa Rican President for the sale of Telefónica's operations in Costa Rica to Liberty Latin America's subsidiary, Cabletica.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Telefónica Costa Rica, Cabletica, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
Jul 30, 2020 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Telefónica's wireless operations in Costa Rica. Telefónica is Costa Rica’s second largest mobile provider.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Telefónica, Balan Nair, Costa Rica, MandA, Mobile
Millicom terminates Telefónica Costa Rica purchase agreement
May 2, 2020 – Millicom International Cellular has announced that it has exercised its right to terminate the Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) for the acquisition of Telefónica’s operating subsidiary in Costa Rica in accordance with the terms of the SPA.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Costa Rica, MandA, Mobile
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Costa Rica TV subscriptions up 6.2% in 2018
Aug 1, 2019 – Costa Rica's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUTEL) has releases statistics for the country's telecoms market in 2018. Costa Rica finished 2018 with 884,000 pay TV subscribers. The market grew by 52,000 (6.2%) over the year.
News categories: SUTEL, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MandA, Nicaragua, Panama
Liberty Latin America completes acquisition of Cabletica
Oct 1, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has completed its acquisition of an 80% stake in Cabletica, a leading Costa Rican cable operator, from Televisora who retain a remaining 20% interest.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Cabletica, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MandA
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform