Brazil (Brasil) Digital TV News
AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
Sep 21, 2021 – AlphaOTT, in collaboration with STI Telecom, has expanded the scope of its OTT/IPTV offering to include support for customers who are not ready to set up their own headend.
News categories: AlphaOTT, STI Telecom, Nick Ntigritakis, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
Sep 15, 2021 – SmartLabs has announced that it has been chosen by Brazilian ISP Città Telecom for OTT provision and mobile applications. The solution will be used by the company's set top box customers and mobile users.
News categories: SmartLabs, Città Telecom, Eduardo Campos, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
MediaKind to power live events broadcasting on Oi's IPTV services
Sep 8, 2021 – MediaKind has announced that Brazilian telco Oi has deployed its video contribution solution to deliver live events across its IPTV services in high quality with low latency.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi, Luciano Oliveira, André Ituassú, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
Jul 26, 2021 – Magnite has begun a collaboration with NetMovies that allows Magnite to manage the placement of ads within the entire catalog of ad-supported independent films, series and videos offered by NetMovies.
News categories: Magnite, NetMovies, Rafael Pallarés, Marcelo Spinasse Nunes, Advertising, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
Jul 22, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that it is powering SKY Connect, the 4K Android TV DVR, recently launched by SKY Brasil, building on the work done for the launch of Linux STBs for SKY Brasil and DIRECTV Latin America in 2016.
News categories: Wyplay, SKY Brasil, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
SKY Brasil deploys Technicolor Android TV STBs with Google Assistant far-field voice
Jul 14, 2021 – Technicolor and SKY Brasil have announced the deployment of SKY Connect, a set-top box (STB) that integrates Google Assistant far-field voice technology for entertainment content navigation on the TV.
News categories: Technicolor, SKY Brasil, Brian Jentz, Andre Ribeiro, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development
Jun 8, 2021 – Accedo has announced that it worked with Telecine to deploy an updated version of Telecine Play, an SVOD service in Brazil. The updated version will initially be available on Samsung Smart TVs.
News categories: Accedo, Telecine, Fabio Lima, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
HUAWEI Cloud using ATEME transcoders for live sports in Brazil
May 25, 2021 – ATEME has announced that HUAWEI Cloud is using ATEME transcoders in Brazil to support the Huawei Elastic Cloud Server (ECS) platform, which offers an application environment for streaming live OTT events.
News categories: ATEME, Huawei, Luis Silva, Fernando Penna, Binro Duan, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
May 12, 2021 – Setplex has announced that it has installed its Nora platform into the headend of TV Cabo São Paulo. Setplex will enable TV Cabo São Paulo’s SATTV service to provide OTT and IPTV channels to its subscribers.
News categories: Setplex, SATTV, Marc Mulgrum, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way