Brazil (Brasil) Digital TV News
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
Oct 16, 2019 – At the Rock in Rio festival, Grupo Globo launched the first 5G Broadcast field trial in Brazil with equipment from Rohde & Schwarz. The objective of the project is to validate the operability and market opportunities of the technology.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Grupo Globo, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage
Sep 13, 2019 – MediaKind was selected by Brazilian TV network RecordTV to enable its delivery of over 1,000 hours of programming of the 18th Pan American Games, across its Play Plus streaming services, R7 news portal and Record News and RecordTV channels.
News categories: MediaKind, RecordTV, Avicom Engenharia, Clayton Cruz, Sergio Bruzetti, Geraldo Marques, Jaime Ferreira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Brazil pay TV subscribers down in 528k in 2Q 2019
Aug 2, 2019 – According to Anatel, Brazil's pay TV subscriber base ended June 2019 at 16.71 million, down 528 thousand subscribers in the quarter and down 1.23 million versus one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Baita Conteúdo distributes HD channels via SES-6 in Brazil
Jul 25, 2019 – Thanks to a partnership with SES, Baita Conteúdo, which currently distributes its channels over the internet to cable TV operators in Brazil, will deliver the same channels via satellite and reach all cable and DTH operators served by SES-6.
News categories: SES S.A, Baita Conteúdo, Jurandir Pitsch, Pedro Bernardo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SES offers FTA platform for Brazil on SES-10
Jun 27, 2019 – TV viewers in Brazil can now receive channels via a free-to-air platform on SES-10 at 67°W. Broadcasters are able to send their content to SES’s teleport in Hortolândia and uplink to the satellite’s Ku-band capacity for transmission.
News categories: SES S.A, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
Oi Brazil announces Android TV 'Streaming Box'
Jun 4, 2019 – Oi Brazil has announced the launch of a streaming set-top box based on Android TV. The box will be available in July. Built in partnership with Elsys, the device includes the operator's own online video platform, Oi Play, as well as other services.
News categories: Oi, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service