Brazil (Brasil) Digital TV News
No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
Mar 4, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, poorly-performing economies have hit Latin American pay TV with the number of pay TV subscribers falling by 4 million in both 2019 and 2020. The number of pay TV subscribers peaked in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
Feb 24, 2021 – Beenius has announced that MultTV, a consortium of 13 Brazilian ISPs, has upgraded its existing IPTV system with the Beenius OTT solution. Currently, MultTV is offering services and products to 40+ operators.
News categories: Beenius, MultTV, Verimatrix, Broadpeak, Martin Zorz, Luiz Adolfo Gewers, Asaf Ashkenazi, Brazil, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, UX
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
Jan 14, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Philco have announced a partnership that will bring the Philco Roku TV models to consumers in Brazil. The new Philco Roku TV models run the latest Roku operating system.
News categories: Roku, Philco, Arthur van Rest, Cristiane Clausen, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Samsung TV Plus expands to 12 countries with over 740 channels
Dec 21, 2020 – Samsung has announced that Samsung TV Plus has now expanded to 12 countries and 742 channels worldwide, bringing access to over 60 million Samsung Smart TVs. Recent new countries include Australia and Brazil.
News categories: Samsung, Seline Sangsook Han, Apps, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, OTT, Smart TV, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA
AOC Brazil launches Smart TV powered by ZEASN
Dec 18, 2020 – ZEASN has announced the arrival of its Whale OS Turnkey Solution in Brazil. In partnership with TPV Group, the Whale OS powered AOC Smart TV Series 6305 (Model 50U6305) has launched in Brazil.
News categories: ZEASN, AOC Brazil, TPV Group, Jason He, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, UX
ATEME transcoding powers FasterNet HD expansion in Brazil
Dec 16, 2020 – ATEME has announced that FasterNet has implemented ATEME TITAN Live to deliver HD channels over its IPTV platform. With approximately 100,000 subscribers, FasterNet is one of the main ISPs operating in São Paulo.
News categories: ATEME, FasterNet, Márcio Pena, Douglas Arruda, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT
Globo moves to cloud-based encoding with Bitmovin
Nov 10, 2020 – Bitmovin ahs announced that Globo, the largest mass media group in Latin America, has selected Bitmovin Encoding to speed up the delivery of 4K video streams to its digital subscribers.
News categories: Bitmovin, Globo, Lucas Teixeira Stephanou, Stefan Lederer, Igor Macaubas, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV