Brazil (Brasil) Digital TV News
V-Nova and Globo show benefits of MPEG-5 LCEVC at 2023 Carnival in Brazil
Mar 1, 2023 – V-Nova has collaborated with Globo Mediatech Lab in the delivery of an LCEVC-enhanced stream for the 2023 Carnival in Brazil to demonstrate the benefits of MPEG-5 LCEVC in live streaming applications.
News categories: V-Nova, MainConcept, Globo, Guido Meardi, Deacon Johnson, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Netflix signs up for Kantar audience measurement in Brazil
Dec 13, 2022 – Netflix has signed-up as a subscriber to Kantar's audience measurement data service in Brazil. Netflix will have access to a cross-platform view of its performance alongside linear and on-demand networks and platforms.
News categories: Kantar, Netflix, Antonio Wanderley, Pablo Perez De Rosso, Big Data, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
Dec 1, 2022 – Tulix and WiseDV are powering the Hollywire channel on Samsung TV Plus in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil. Channel origination is provided by WiseDV's cloud playout. Tulix's CDN is used for delivery.
News categories: Tulix, WiseDV, Hollywire, Nino Doijashvili, Brazil, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Velocix picked by Oi to scale-out OTT video streaming platform
Oct 18, 2022 – Velocix has announced that Oi has selected Velocix’s content delivery network (CDN) software to transform its streaming platform architecture and expand its Oi Play OTT service.
News categories: Velocix, Oi Play, Jim Brickmeier, Alexandro Herrmann Bauer, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Alpha Networks and Container Media announce OTT platform partnership
Sep 9, 2022 – Container Media has allied with Alpha Networks to expand the reach of its OTT video platform. Container Media will benefit of Alpha Networks’ experience in the pay-TV and entertainment industries to allow it to address new regions, starting with the Americas.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Box Brazil Group, Container Media, Guillaume Devezeaux, Cícero Aragon, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Oi to transfer DTH subscribers and IPTV infrastructure to SKY Brasil
Apr 28, 2022 – Oi S.A. has executed a term sheet with SKY Serviços de Banda Larga (SKY) to transfer its DTH postpaid customer base and the use of its IPTV infrastructure and associated services to SKY, under a revenue sharing agreement.
News categories: Oi S.A., SKY Serviços, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania