SBTVD (Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão Digital), ISDB-TB, SATVD-T News
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2023, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ateme helps Fórum SBTVD choose video coding system for TV 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2022 – Ateme has announced that the Brazilian Terrestrial Television System Forum (Fórum SBTVD) used its TITAN Live solution to select VVC as the sole mandatory video coding system for the countries new TV 3.0 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Ateme, Fórum SBTVD, Mickael Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Brazil opens consultation on specifications for Ginga C middleware
Sep 24, 2015 – Brazil's national standards body, the ABNT (Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas), has opened public consultation on technical specifications for Ginga C, the next version of the country's digital television middleware.
News categories: Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear MxL683 ISDB-T STB receiver shipments pass 10 million
Sep 9, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has said that it has sold more than 10 million MxL683 ISDB-T receivers, for use in set-top boxes, to operator and consumer markets in Brazil, Japan and the Philippines.
News categories: MaxLinear, Yves Rasse, Brazil, ISDB-T, Japan, Market Research, Philippines, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC