Mexico (México) Digital TV News
Nokia trials video over 5G with TV Azteca in Mexico
Mar 23, 2021 – Nokia has completed a trial with TV Azteca in Mexico of video transmission, using 5G standalone and edge computing. The trial explored latency reduction, as well as identifying improvements in efficiency, flexibility and cost.
News categories: Nokia, TV Azteca, Marcelo Entreconti, Pedro Manuel Carmona Ortiz, 5G, Digital TV, Mexico
Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
Mar 4, 2021 – Megacable is expanding the delivery of its Xview+ OTT service to Android TV set-top boxes using Viaccess-Orca's TV Platform. Xview+ brings together content in one place, creating a unified experience for subscribers.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Megacable, Philippe Leonetti, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box
No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
Mar 4, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, poorly-performing economies have hit Latin American pay TV with the number of pay TV subscribers falling by 4 million in both 2019 and 2020. The number of pay TV subscribers peaked in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
Feb 25, 2021 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2020. At the end of 2020 the company's video segment had 3,412,627 subscribers, up 51 thousand in the final quarter.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
Feb 25, 2021 – Oregan Networks has announced the completion of an Android TV development project for Megacable. Oregan took responsibility for firmware integration, certification and quality assurance of the final commercial product.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert Arriola, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Comscore and Ipsos extend audience measurement in Mexico
Feb 3, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a new agreement with Ipsos to deliver enhanced measurement for the Mexican market. The companies plan to offer daily information, which can be examined individually at any time and place.
News categories: Comscore, Ipsos, Carol Hinnant, Jorge Vargas, Advertising, Big Data, Mexico
Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
Nov 19, 2020 – Mirada has integrated Disney+ into its Iris multiscreen product, with deployment on the izzi pay TV platform in Mexico. Customers can now access Disney+ directly on 'izzitv smart' without the need for a separate subscription.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
Roku OS 9.4 brings support for Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
Nov 11, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that, with the release of Roku OS 9.4, Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support is now available on select 4K Roku devices, including the Roku Ultra, Roku Streambar, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Streaming Stick+, and Roku Premiere.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Canada, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK, USA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.