Barbados Digital TV News
Amazon Prime Video launches globally
Dec 14, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that Amazon Prime Video is now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe. Customers can watch on Android and iOS phones and tablets, Fire Tablets and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
News categories: Amazon, Tim Leslie, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Colombia, Congo-Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, DRC, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Melanesia, Mexico, Micronesia, Mobile, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, OTT, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Worldwide, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Digicel Play smashes 100,000 customer milestone
Oct 31, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that it has surpassed the 100,000 customer milestone across its markets in Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago – a year after the service was first launched in Jamaica.
News categories: Digicel Play, John Suranyi, Barbados, Digital TV, Jamaica, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel launches Play Go streaming app
Sep 1, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced the launch of Play Go, its live streaming service with premium and exclusive content for sports fans and TV lovers across its markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Apps, Barbados, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
Lime and Amino announce Caribbean TV upgrade
Mar 25, 2014 – LIME has signed a contract with Amino (AIM: AMO) for them to supply enhanced set-top boxes to support the rollout of pay TV services in the Cayman Islands and Barbados.
News categories: Amino, LIME TV, Donald McGarva, Dianne Bissoon, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
CWC launches LIME TV in Barbados
Apr 23, 2012 – LIME, the Caribbean division of Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC), has launched a pay TV service in Barbados, its first IPTV product in the Caribbean. 'LIME TV' subscribers nationwide can watch up to 130 channels and video on demand content.
News categories: CWC, Barbados, Digital TV, IPTV
Barbados' Multi-Choice TV Selects Conax for Secure Roll-Out of Digital TV Services
Jan 26, 2012 – Conax has announced that it has been chosen by Multi-Choice TV of Barbados to secure their roll out of digital TV services. In addition to the new Multi-Choice TV contract, Conax has secured 2 new contracts in the region in the last few months.
News categories: Conax, Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation, Barbados, Caribbean, Content Protection, Digital TV, MMDS
LIME Chooses Avail-TVN for Caribbean Multiplatform Video Services
Oct 3, 2011 – Avail-TVN has been chosen by Cable & Wireless Communications (LSE: CWC) to provide the AnyView™ multiplatform video service for its Caribbean subsidiary, LIME. The service will launch commercially in Jamaica and Barbados in Q4.
News categories: Avail-TVN, LIME, Cable & Wireless, Barbados, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan