Latvia Digital TV News
Telia Company agrees to sell Telia Latvia to Tet
Jan 4, 2022 – Telia Company has agreed to sell Telia Latvija to Tet SIA at a price corresponding to an enterprise value of €10.75 million on a cash and debt free basis. The transaction is expected to close during the second quarter of 2022.
News categories: Telia Company, Tet, Andreas Ekström, Uldis Tatarcuks, Latvia, MandA
Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
Nov 30, 2021 – Baltcom has strengthened its position in the Eastern region of Latvia with the purchase of Microlines. Microlines provides internet and TV services to customers in Rēzekne, Ludza, Preiļi, Krāslava, Līvāni, Gulbene, Balvi, Cēsis, Valka, Smiltene and other cities.
News categories: Baltcom, Microlines, Dmitrijs Ņikitins, Digital TV, IPTV, Latvia, MandA
HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
Oct 15, 2021 – From October 26, Telia's TV customers in the Nordics will be able to enjoy HBO Max, with HBO Nordic accounts able to be replaced with HBO Max. Telia and HBO have worked together for nearly a decade.
News categories: Telia, HBO Max, Catrin von Walden, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
Viaplay launches in the Baltics
Mar 9, 2021 – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has announced the launch of its Viaplay streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Up until now Viaplay has only been available in the Nordic countries.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Anevia accelerates transition of TV3 video delivery to OTT
Dec 22, 2020 – TV3 Group has commissioned Anevia to extend its GO3 OTT service. Go3 uses Anevia technology for video delivery over mobile networks, including an elastic CDN serving multiple countries from a centralised management system.
News categories: Anevia, TV3 Group, Igor Stankovic, Ausra Sidaraviciene, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Viaplay to be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023
Nov 10, 2020 – NENT Group's Viaplay streaming service will be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023, including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and the US in 2021. By the end of 2025, NENT Group aims to increase its subscriber base to around 10.5 million.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Streaming, USA
Baltcom adds CryptoGuard security for cable TV digitisation
Jun 15, 2020 – CryptoGuard has announced that Baltcom has deployed CryptoGuard CAS to secure its digital cable TV services. Baltcom is Latvia's second largest TV and internet service provider with fiber optic coverage across the country.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Baltcom, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Kjell Carlswärd, Dmitrijs Nikitins, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latvia
All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
Jul 22, 2019 – All Media Baltics and Atende Software have partnered to launch OTT services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atende Software will implement its redGalaxy OTT platforms delivering an OTT backend along with branded end-user applications.
News categories: Atende Software, All Media Baltics, Przemysław Frasunek, Jan Wykrytowicz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope