Viaplay launches in the BalticsTuesday, March 9th, 2021
NENT Group is launching Viaplay in the Baltics
- Viaplay to offer Baltic viewers a unique combination of Viaplay Originals, international films and series, sports and kids’ content
- NENT Group has already before the launch secured exclusive sports rights and distribution deals with local partners
- The Viaplay Total package is priced at EUR 9.99 per month and will include film, series and sports
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group), the Nordic region’s leading streaming company, is launching its Viaplay streaming service today in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Viaplay viewers in the Baltics will be able to enjoy a unique combination of Viaplay Originals, international films and series, and kids’ content, with world-class live sports at a price of EUR 9.99 per month.
NENT Group’s streaming service Viaplay has until this day been available in the Nordic countries. As from today, Viaplay is taking the first step on its expansion journey and becoming international with the launch of Viaplay in the Baltic region. The Viaplay Total package is priced at EUR 9.99 per month and as in NENT Group’s other markets, Viaplay will be available to customers in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania through direct subscriptions and third-party partnerships.
Viaplay’s content offering is divided into four categories: Viaplay Originals, films and series, kids’ content, and live sports. Highlights of the content available in the Baltic region at launch include:
- Viaplay Originals: ‘Orca’; ‘Wisting; ‘Those Who Kill’; ‘Box 21’; ‘Face to Face’; ‘Honour’; ‘The Machinery’; ‘The Lawyer’; ‘Partisan’; ‘Hammarvik’; ‘The Restaurant’; ‘Love Me’ and much more.
- Films and series: ‘Alex Rider’; ‘For Life’; ‘LA:s Finest’; ‘S.W.A.T.’; ‘Good Doctor’; ‘Hobbit franchise’; ‘Rocky franchise’; ‘Legally Blonde’ 1-2; ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’; Captain Phillips’; The Green Hornet’; ‘Hancock’; ‘Jumanji’; ‘Bridesmaids’; ‘Shrek’ and much more.
- Kids’ content: ‘Paw Patrol’; ‘Blaze and the Monster Machines’; ‘Spongebob Squarepants’; ‘My Little Pony’; ‘Sisters’; ‘Transformers: Cyberverse’; ‘Thomas and Friends’ and much more.
- Sports: NENT Group has aquired the exclusive Baltic rights to Formula 1 motorsport, NHL ice hockey (non-exclusive), UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Conference League, Bundesliga, English cup football, South American national team football, Women’s Super League, Frauen Bundesliga and Women’s Serie A.
Over 1200 hours of documentaries will also be included at the launch with additional content added to each Viaplay category over the coming months. The content will be localised with subtitles or voice overs, and selected sports content will have local commentary.
Anders Jensen, NENT Group President and CEO: “Today we are taking a much anticipated and important next step in Viaplay’s growth journey with the launch in the Baltic region. We are taking Viaplay to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with a very strong content offer built on our unique combination of high-quality Viaplay originals, award-winning films and series, premium kids’ content and world-class live sports. Viaplay already has more than 3 million subscribers across the Nordic region and is built to scale quickly. I am very proud to bring our unique storytelling to audiences in the Baltics today and look forward to working with local partners to develop it even further the coming years. We come to the Baltics to innovate, engage and entertain.”
Before launching in the Baltics, NENT Group has already signed distribution agreements with Tet, Latvia’s market-leading technology and entertainment company and Estonia’s market-leading TV and Telco company, Elisa. Less than 20% of the 2.8 million households in the three countries currently pay for a subscription video streaming service, compared with over 50% in the Nordic region, and most households already have high speed fixed and mobile broadband connections that are being upgraded further.
Links: NENT Group
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group