Pluto TV launches in the NordicsWednesday, May 18th, 2022
Pluto TV Launches in Nordics, Unveils Programming Line-Up
- Transformational partnership combines beloved content from Viafree and NENT Group’s Local Ad sales leadership with Pluto TV’s global content and technology
- First instance of a combination of local AVOD platform with Pluto TV
COPENHAGEN and STOCKHOLM and OSLO — Pluto TV, a Paramount company and leading provider of Free Ad-Supported Streaming Television (FAST), today expanded to the Nordics, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. The service unveiled a vast programming line-up that features more than 70 unique and locally curated channels now live in each country.
Pluto TV is launching in the Nordics through a transformational partnership with Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group). For the first time, leading FAST service, Pluto TV, will launch in combination with a local AVOD service, Viafree, bringing a premium free streaming experience to audiences in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Following the launch, Viafree will be phased out as a stand-alone service.
“Pluto TV launched with a mission to entertain the planet and today’s highly-anticipated launch in the Nordics brings us another step closer to achieving our goal,” said Tom Ryan, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Paramount Streaming. “Forging this alliance with a respected leader like NENT further demonstrates the type of bold innovation we are employing to advance our global footprint. The union of Pluto TV and Viafree delivers the best of both worlds, debuting a frictionless and free streaming destination with something for everyone.”
“The launch of Pluto TV in the Nordics is a tremendous milestone for the service, as we’re now streaming in more than 30 countries and territories globally. This transformative partnership will serve as the framework as we continue to expand Pluto TV throughout Europe and in new continents, including Australia and Africa, bringing this strategic model of free streaming to the world,” said Raffaele Annecchino, President and CEO, International Networks, Studios and Streaming, Paramount.
NENT Group serves as Pluto TV’s exclusive advertising sales partner in Sweden, Denmark, and Norway.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution