NABShow (NAB Show) 2023: April 15-19, 2023: Las Vegas, NV
Harmonic powers ATSC 3.0 across the U.S.
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its XOS software is powering NEXTGEN TV services across the U.S., enabling the delivery of ATSC 3.0 channels with bandwidth efficiency and enhanced video quality.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, BitPath, Heartland Video Systems, Gil Rudge, Anne Schelle, John Hane, Dennis Klas, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
FCC & NAB to collaborate on completing transition to ATSC 3.0
Apr 17, 2023 – FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel has announced a 'The Future of TV' initiative, led by the NAB, to identify a roadmap to orderly transition from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0-based services.
News categories: FCC, National Association of Broadcasters, Jessica Rosenworcel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Regulation, USA
Bally's Interactive offers live sports streaming with Harmonic
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Bally's Interactive is using Harmonic for cloud playout and branding to deliver sports video with low latency on the Bally Live app.
News categories: Harmonic, Bally's Interactive, Gil Rudge, Matthew Webster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Harmonic partners with Spideo on FAST Channel personalization
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has expanded its cloud playout ecosystem and automated the creation of FAST channels through a partnership with personalization and recommendations provider, Spideo.
News categories: Harmonic, Spideo, Gil Rudge, Thibault Dorso, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
MSG Networks to launch sports streaming service with Harmonic
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MSG Networks will use Harmonic's VOS360 SaaS for its new MSG+ sports streaming service, due to launch this summer.
News categories: Harmonic, MSG Networks, Gil Rudge, David Schafer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Cumulative US piracy loss for streaming services to exceed $113bn by 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Parks Associates has announced that by the end of 2027, there will be a cumulative loss to piracy of $113 billion for streaming video providers serving US consumers.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Hawley, Sarah Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
BitRouter announces ZapperBox M1 v1.2 software and ZapperBox A1 antenna
Apr 16, 2023 – BitRouter is now shipping version 1.2 software for the ZapperBox M1 NEXTGEN TV set-top box. The company will soon also start shipping the ZapperBox A1 antenna designed for NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Televes, Gopal Miglani, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Harmonic unveils addressable advertising SaaS for sports streaming
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has launched a server-side ad insertion (SSAI) SaaS that is fully cloud-based, enabling targeted addressable advertising at scale for video streaming.
News categories: Harmonic, Gil Rudge, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Triveni Digital introduces ATSC 3.0 tools supporting NEXTGEN TV decryption
Apr 16, 2023 – Triveni Digital has announced that its StreamScope XM Analyzer and Monitor are the first test and measurement products to support the NEXTGEN TV decryption protocols.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Mark Simpson, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.