Myanmar (Burma) Digital TV News
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
Mar 14, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of its Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution at Canal+ Myanmar. The new service enables subscribers to watch linear pay-TV channels on iOS or Android devices, with support for Apple AirPlay and Google Cast.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ International, Stéphane Le Dréau, Maxime Woimant, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
AsiaSat collaborates with KBZ to provide OTT video via satellite in Myanmar
Jun 27, 2018 – AsiaSat (SEHK: 1135) has announced a collaboration with KBZ Gateway to explore business opportunities for providing OTT video via satellite in Myanmar. The initiative will initially support the FTA distribution of national TV channels.
News categories: AsiaSat, KBZ Gateway, Barrie Woolston, Virender Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT, Satellite
Telenor, Huawei and WowBox launch video streaming app in Myanmar
May 29, 2018 – Telenor Myanmar, in cooperation with Huawei and WowBox, has launched a video streaming application intended to leverage each parties’ capabilities in innovation, network and technology. The Android application is named WowPlay.
News categories: Telenor, Huawei, Joslin Myrthong, Wen Tao, Apps, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
CANAL+ launches DTH pay TV in Myanmar on THAICOM 6
Mar 21, 2018 – Thaicom (Bangkok: THCOM) has announced the signature of a contract with CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar as part of CANAL+ Myanmar’s launch of a DTH pay TV platform. CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar has leased 4 transponders on THAICOM 6.
News categories: Thaicom, CANAL+, Paiboon Panuwattanawong, Patompob Suwansiri, Erwan Luherne, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite
Global Technology to launch OTT TV with Harmonic and Viaccess-Orca
Feb 22, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Viaccess-Orca have announced that Global Technology Group is launching an OTT service in Myanmar called La La Kyi powered by Harmonic's VOS 360 media processing SaaS and Viaccess-Orca's TVaaS cloud-based TV platform.
News categories: Harmonic, Viaccess-Orca, Global Technology Group, Tony Berthaud, Chem Assayag, Prasert Laosaengpha, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
CANAL+ launches pay TV in Myanmar with Forever Group
Feb 19, 2018 – CANAL+ Group has launched its offer in Myanmar, in partnership with Forever Group. The two companies have created a service with a wide choice of thematic channels, some of which are produced specifically for the Myanmar market.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, Forever Group, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite
AsiaSat 9 fully operational at 122°E
Nov 27, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is fully operational at 122°E following successful migration of all services from AsiaSat 4, delivering enhanced power, greater bandwidth and improved efficiency to customers for advanced DTH, TV distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services across the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Oceania, Satellite
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'