Vietnam (Việt Nam) Digital TV News
VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
Sep 26, 2023 – ENENSYS has delivered its OneBeam solution to Vietnam Television (VTV) for its DVB-T2 TV network. OneBeam uses satellite DTH to provide DTT transmitter distribution via a single satellite feed.
News categories: ENENSYS, Vietnam Television, VIETCOMS, Colin Prior, Tran Quang Hung, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Satellite, Vietnam
FPT Play delivers Android TV service with Viaccess-Orca
Apr 11, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that FPT Play in Vietnam is using a Widevine CAS solution powered by VO for IPTV streams in its latest Android TV hybrid OTT/IPTV set-top box.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Widevine, FPT Play, Brian Baker, Le Trong Duc, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Vietnam
CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
Mar 30, 2023 – CDNetworks has announced a partnership with Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV K+) to bolster VSTV's OTT business using CDNetworks' content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming capabilities.
News categories: CDNetworks, VSTV, Nguyen Manh Toan, Nguyen Minh Duc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Vietnam
SEI and Amlogic develop Android TV set-top-box for FTP in Vietnam
Nov 9, 2022 – SEI Robotics and Amlogic have cooperated to roll out the 4K Android TV IPTV/OTT set-top-box for FPT. The box runs on an Amlogic S905Y4 chipset and supports on-demand and linear broadcasting for the Vietnam market.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Amlogic, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Vietnam
Ateme enables headend virtualization for MyTV in Vietnam
May 31, 2022 – Ateme has announced that it has virtualized the headend of MyTV in Vietnam using its native cloud-based TITAN software suite, composed of multiscreen linear encoders and linear multiplexers with scrambling capabilities.
News categories: Ateme, MyTV, Nguyen Duc Long, Nguyen Hong Phong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
coocaa introduces Coolita OS Smart TV operating system
Sep 1, 2021 – coocaa has launched Coolita OS, the brand's self-developed smart TV operating system (OS). Initially available in SE Asian markets, the OS delivers a lighter, smoother, and more convenient user experience.
News categories: coocaa, Raul Hua, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Middleware, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
Vietnam's AVG selects transcoders from ATEME
Jul 13, 2021 – ATEME has announced that AVG has chosen its TITAN transcoders to create a converged headend and deliver high-quality video services. AVG is the only private company with a TV broadcasting license in Vietnam.
News categories: ATEME, AVG, Nguyen Duc Long, Dr. Nguyen Cong Du, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Vietnam among highest for online piracy in Southeast Asia
May 17, 2021 – A study of the online content viewing behaviour of Vietnamese consumers has found that 60% access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites. The levels of piracy went as high as 65% within the 18-24 age demographic.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, YouGov, Neil Gane, Thomas Jayet, Phan Vu Tuan, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Vietnam
GatesAir announces DVB-T2 transmission win in Vietnam
Dec 10, 2020 – GatesAir has announced a DVB-T2 TV transmission win in Vietnam in cooperation with channel partner Emico. VTV recently completed a national DVB-T2 network expansion to four new transmission sites.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Vietnam
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward