China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
Global TV shipments expected to drop 24.3% QoQ in 1Q23
Feb 21, 2023 – According to TrendForce, global TV shipments are projected to drop by 24.3% QoQ to 41.99 million units for 1Q23. Shipments are then expected to grow by 8.7% QoQ to 45.64 million units for 2Q23.
News categories: TrendForce, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
i-CABLE Communications surrenders Hong Kong pay TV licence
Feb 14, 2023 – i-CABLE Communications (Stock Code: 1097) has announced that its subsidiary, Hong Kong Cable Television, has surrendered its pay TV licence. The Group will continue to provide free TV programme services and other businesses as usual.
News categories: i-CABLE Communications, TSANG On Yip, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Regulation
Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
Dec 5, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) estimates that 1.0 million net new subscribers will be added in Asia Pacific ex-China over 2022-27, driven by India and parts of South and SE Asia, partially offset by contraction in all other regions.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
Nov 25, 2022 – According to IDC, consumer standalone VR shipments in China increased by 166.2% year-over-year in the H1 2022. China standalone VR in Q1 2022 reached 229,000 units shipped, while Q2 2022 had almost 273,000 units shipped.
News categories: IDC, Claire Zhao, China, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse
MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
Nov 22, 2022 – Witbe (Euronext: FR0013143872 – ALWIT) has announced it will support MyTV Super's media operation center in its effort to deliver the best possible streaming video quality for its myTV SUPER platform to customers in Hong Kong.
News categories: Witbe, MyTV Super, Mathieu Planche, Rex Ching, Digital TV, Hong Kong, QoE, Streaming
TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
Sep 27, 2022 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications has announced that TV5MONDE has selected AsiaSat 5 to distribute TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to serve audiences in regions of North East Asia and Oceania.
News categories: AsiaSat, TV5MONDE, Ina Lui, Alexandre Muller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Oceania, Satellite
DVB adds AVS3 codec to core specification
Jul 7, 2022 – The DVB Project has added AVS3 to its core specification for coding in broadcast and broadband applications - the first time DVB has added a codec from China’s AVS Workgroup. An update to the DVB-DASH specification has also been approved.
News categories: DVB Project, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
Jun 30, 2022 – NetRange has announced that it has been selected by Tencent Video to power the international expansion of its WeTV service by reaching new Smart TV and connected device users through the NetRange Smart TV App Store.
News categories: ACCESS CO, NetRange, WeTV, Michi Uemetsu, Apps, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines